TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^In addition to that, I would be disappointed with its removal because they already got rid of Sierra Falls this last season. Why would they remove another water ride two seasons in a row without adding another water ride? Unless that is what they're adding for 2012, but I just don't see Six Flags replacing a water ride for a water ride.

^^I think it's been clarly stated that's not the current direction that the park is going in. How is adding three new coasters with only one family coaster (that isn't even mainly ridden by kids) "family friendly). Magic Mountain just isn't that kind of park anymore and they'll countinue doing what they do best. Roller coasters. It was clearly stated at WCB that they see Hurricane Harbor as the family park and Magic Mountain as a thrill park. Plus, let's not forget that this park has not one, but TWO log flumes, so I don't think taking one out and keeping the other is going to hurt the park's image in the first place.

I'm going to respect people not wanting to believe that the ride is going. But like someone else said, only time will tell.

Remove it for something better. It's not like Log rides don't require a lot of maitenence. This flume has been around since 1971 when the park first opened. When you think about it, it's remarkable that they've been able to keep it going for this long. Look at what Cedar Point did to their old flume, White Water Landing. Hell, that ride opened 15 years after Log Jammer did. Yet they took it out way back in 2005. It was a popular family ride for sure, and they replaced it with Maverick. But honestly, I'm have no idea what MM has in store for the ride. It's just a rumor at this point in time.

With water in SoCal being more and more expensive I wouldn't be surprised to see more water rides removed in the future. The pumps are also very expensive to operate.

I've never ridden Log Jammer and I have no intention on riding it in the future. Let me just be the first though to throw out...

AQUATRAX!!!!

^People often forget it also cost money to remove a ride.......

Reposted. Imagine how much it would cost to bulldoze the lake, remove a flume that's built into the hillside, demolish the station, remove trees, etc. It's a popular ride, and doesn't make much sense to remove (Aside from freeing up land).

^People often forget it also cost money to remove a ride.......

Reposted. Imagine how much it would cost to bulldoze the lake, remove a flume that's built into the hillside, demolish the station, remove trees, etc. It's a popular ride, and doesn't make much sense to remove (Aside from freeing up land).

Why would they have to "bulldoze" the lake? And even if they did choose to remove the lake, it wouldn't cost that much, cause there are a lot of contractors that have their equipment just sitting right now with the way the economy is and the park would get a good price on the work. Even demoing all the trees in that area wouldn't cost much. The removal of the flume and other parts of the ride would cost more than the dirt work.

Log Jammer is my favorite water ride at SFMM, but I don't get to it every park visit as it is usually dark by the time I get to that section of the park. It was really fun riding it at night during Fright Fest though. If MM has to get rid of a water ride, I wish they would get rid of Jet Stream instead as it is the inferior log flume, or even Tidal Wave, one of the most boring water rides. I would forgive them though if the terrain of Log Jammer is used for a launched coaster or a dive coaster. What I would like to see for 2012 instead of a new coaster is the refurbishment of an existing one like Revolution. Revolution definitely needs a refurbishment (or at least new restraints) as it was rough as hell last year I rode it. Take off the trim brakes, get new trains with lap bar restraints and you could have a fun ride again with nice scenery that would not be the most popular in the park but would get a lot of people riding it again. One can hope

I agree with a major ride refurb. Kind of like with Superman, it would be nice to bring attention toward coasters that don't get as much appreciation (viper, ninja, goldrusher, revolution, colossus). I've always been happy with what the park brings anyhow.

Wasn't Tidal Wave also considered to be on the chopping block as well at one point? An Aquatrax using the theme of Aquaman would fit in quite nicely between Riddler and GL. I hope they don't lose Log Jammer. I would rather seen them rebrand that entire area from High Sierra Territory over to Goliath a Bugs Bunny National Park. Theme out Log Jammer, Whistlestop park - maybe as a family dark ride of the area, Mooseburger to Bugs, Country Bear Theater, etc. Make that huge 1/4 of the park a complete destination for kids/families with a diversity of experiences (coaster, flats - that adults can sit in comfortably with their children, live entertainment, film, interactivity, dining, retail) all tied together with the concept of touring a "national park."