TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think the next coaster for SFMM should be based off Flash. It will be a Mack launched coaster. It launches you to 80 mph and you do a top hat like Stormrunner. Then you have an airtime hill then a loop, a transition, then the MCBR. After that, it will be like Blue Fire but with a Cheetah Hunt water feature with only 3 transitions and two final airtime hills before the brakes. I think that would be perfect. Where to put it??? IDK. Maybe remove Viper and put it there???

^^ Because as the rides get older, the beeps at the bottom of the screen get more annoying, and eventually, a Station Brakes Failure occurs. It's not worth the manpower to inspect and fix the ride, so you soon replace it with a newer shuttle loop model, and a Fried Chicken Stall, and Drinks Stall. Don't forget the trash cans and benches!!

^^ Because as the rides get older, the beeps at the bottom of the screen get more annoying, and eventually, a Station Brakes Failure occurs. It's not worth the manpower to inspect and fix the ride, so you soon replace it with a newer shuttle loop model, and a Fried Chicken Stall, and Drinks Stall. Don't forget the trash cans and benches!!

They can rehab it ,put new vekoma trains,and call it Viper2!

Ok I will attempt a mini trip report. Here goes!

The last time I was at the park was before Tatsu was opened, so about 5 years so I was disappointed to have missed the chance to ride it today since it was down. That was the ride I was most looking forward to riding. Oh well it just gives me an excuse to go back. We ended up getting through the front gates around 10:40 and went straight to green lantern. We waited about 35 minutes to ride and rode on the side away from riddlers, facing batman. HOLY CRAP I was surprised at the intensity of that ride. My brother and I have a combined weight of a tad over 500 pounds and the opposite riders maybe were half of our weight at most. As soon as we left the station we were facing straight down and had 3 flips (I think) on the ride. Wow is all I have to say about that ride. It was nuts!!

So next we decided to go to Apocolypse and I must say, the pre shows were pretty cool. They were definitely cheesy but a nice touch for Magic Mountain. We waited bout 25-30 minutes and rode in the very last row. Very fun ride, one of my favorites in the park! The station fly by is pretty cool and seemed to scare everyone who was waiting to get on. Oh and the ride is still only running one train, I could only imagine the wait on a busy day.

Next up was Deja Vu, rode in the very last row and still think that ride kicks ass! We waited about 20 minutes and they were dispatching pretty quick. Man I love that first vertical tower!

We then decided to head over to X2. They had 2 trains running and were dispatching pretty consisntantly. We waited about 45 minutes, and rode in the front row, on the side opposite of viper. I was disappointed to read the audio was down a couple days ago, but when we got on the ride I realized the audio was working! I can't explain how much the audio adds to that ride! It was a very nice touch and I'm not sure if they were playing it louder than before but I had no problem hearing it throughout the entire ride. The flames were pretty cool but wasn't as "cool" as I was expecting them to be. All in all had a very nice ride on it and it's still my favorite drop in the park.

Next up was Mooseburger Lodge. Had a very good burger and fries. But service was a little slow. And didn't provide the same "feel" that I used to get when going there in years past. Just seemed run down kinda. I dunno maybe its just me.

After lunch we went up the mountain to Superman. I noticed In the morning the ride was only running the right side but while we were in line for X2 they started running the left side as well. The total wait was about 1 hour but they were cycling very slow! I think there was something going on with the ride ops cause there was a manager or someone that was talking to the ops while we were onboard waiting to launch and we were sitting there for a good 3 or 4 minutes waiting and the ops looked like they were in trouble or something, lol. Anyway, we rode in the front row and boy this was by far my favorite in the park! I always enjoyed the ride before, but it's on a whole new level now! Very impressed with the changes!

We closed the day out going to Scream and waited a whole 10 minutes for the front row. The ride is very fun and I still don't know why people say it's rough for a b&m, I think it's pretty smooth. It's on par with batman and riddler in my opinion.

Overall it was a great day at the park, I'm very impressed with the look and feel of the park. Compared to 5 years ago it feels very clean and fresh now. The staff was VERY friendly and upbeat. They are definitely going in the right direction with the park. I look forward to going back very soon and FINALLY getting my ride on Tatsu.

Oh and by the way, I'm not sure what was wrong with Goliath yesterday, but it opened with the park and ran all day so whatever was wrong with it, it wasn't anything major.

Thanks for reading!

^Thanks! Much appreciated

Hey just got back from my trip over the weekend. Everything was great with the exception of Tatsu being down . Lines weren't bad for a saturday. I finished everything and still had plenty of time for re rides at night. In Terms of X2 I rode on the ramp line side (left side if your looking at the rides lift hill) in the very back row on the outside seat and it was great. It was a little "bouncy" after the flame cannons but other then that it was awesome the new headrests are comfy and help alot . Audio was still down but the cannons were working. Also Green Lantern was alot more fun then i expected!.

Thanks for the report back! Im glad X2 got the new headrests, I hope Tatsu will be open by this thursday... But I don't want to get my hopes up

^^^^^ Thanks for the report! For a summer Monday, following the weekend, those wait times seem pretty manageable.

I've never felt that Scream is rough, but I know there's some vibration at the bottom of the first drop. Otherwise, it's a pretty fun ride - it never has a huge line (for the most part), and it has quite a few enjoyable elements.

Just to clarify against someones previous claim that Viper will not be removed BECAUSE it is one of the most popular.

Viper is nowhere near the most popular, it is getting very old and painful. There are only 4 good seats that are painless on that ride. But the only reason why SF won't demolish it is for the coaster count, and it is the tallest looper in the world.

So because you had a couple bad rides it's not popular???? Viper is by far the most reliable ride in that park.

The only reason why SF won't demolish it is for the coaster count, and it is the tallest looper in the world.

2 holes in your theory: Flashback and Psyclone

Edited by DJeXeL

Just to clarify against someones previous claim that Viper will not be removed BECAUSE it is one of the most popular.

Viper is nowhere near the most popular, it is getting very old and painful. There are only 4 good seats that are painless on that ride. But the only reason why SF won't demolish it is for the coaster count, and it is the tallest looper in the world.

When did anyone say it is going to be removed it's rumors!Dont believe removing a ride rumor!!!

I find it very thrilling and enjoyable, and a good way to check on X2's lines (while going up the lift).

Forgive me for forgetting names, but one of the SFMM executives said the ride would be staying for quite a while because his family enjoyed it (please don't quote me on that word for word, but it was along those lines).

I expect a 20+ year old coaster to have some roughness - for its age, it rides quite well and still packs quite a punch.

I highly doubt Viper will be going anywhere unless it becomes too expensive to maintain. It is popular with a lot of the general public (probably the most popular of the older coasters), and is a high capacity attraction. Since Great American Scream Machine just closed, I'm assuming SFMM got some of the spare parts from that ride and can use them to maintain Viper. However, out of the 18 coasters the park currently has, Viper does seem like the most likely candidate for removal should the park decide to remove one, although I'm going to give it at least 5-10 more years before that happens.

Wow... Did somebody's RCT dream somehow transform into a rumor that Viper is coming out???

As far as it goes Viper is safe for the foreseeable future. The ride is popular, had great capacity, and (as far as I know) relatively few maintainance problems.