TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm sure this has been discussed many times but its hard to find something online about the Magic Pagoda from long time ago. I remember walking under a waterfall, the projection no the buda, the booths where they made you disappear like star trek. Any one know where to find old pictures, video of it then and now?

I'm sure this has been discussed many times but its hard to find something online about the Magic Pagoda from long time ago. I remember walking under a waterfall, the projection no the buda, the booths where they made you disappear like star trek. Any one know where to find old pictures, video of it then and now?

The top of the Sky Tower is now a museum with old memorabilia and pictures throughout the history of Magic Mountain, including pictures of the Magic Pagoda. For those of us who recall Magic Mountain during the early 70s, it is definitely nostalgic and worth checking out.

Can anyone confirm that Tatsu has been down for the past couple days?

I checked the Ride Hopper app a couple days ago and it said "ride down." It's been like this for the past couple days because when my friend told me he was going to SFMM today (I laughed at him and told him it's a Saturday ) I checked today and its still down. Has it just been spotty with operations or has it truly been broken for days? I'll ask my friend if he even makes it out of the Saturday @ SFMM alive.

I have been at the park since Thursday, and yes Tatsu was down the entire time. Having one of the most popular rides down during July has added to the long waits of other rides. Anyway changing the subject, today I had a crazy ride on Green Lantern. It was completely unbalance with two people on one side and only one person on the other. We started spinning before the block brakes, it was awesome

*EDIT ^Beat me to it.

X was down for the rest of the season and into 2007. It didn't re-open until Spring of 2007 (and it broke in Summer or Fall of 2006). It was down for a REALLY long time! I believe it took close to a year.

today I had a crazy ride on Green Lantern. It was completely unbalance with two people on one side and only one person on the other. We started spinning before the block brakes, it was awesome

So once again, I just want to point out that Elissa and I have been nothing but *right* about the whole Green Lantern thing in that everyone who ends up having rides that spin like crazy say it's the best rides they've ever had on it.

Honestly, I really don't want to hear anyone's opinion on the ride until they've been on it where they've gotten both a crazy spinning ride and a non-spinning ride. Trying to tell someone how AWESOME a Zac-Spin coaster is when your ride didn't really spin, is like telling someone you had an AWESOME ride on Tony Hawk's Big Spin when it didn't spin.

Please don't doubt us. We actually do know what we are talking about...

--Robb "It's called a Zac-SPIN for a reason!!!!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Hello; new poster here!

Robb, When are you going to ride it?! I'm looking forward to your review on it!

Ditto this!

Also, my nephew had a couple of questions regarding the Discover Card special entrance (I think they're pretty childish, but admittedly, I'm a bit curious about how this line works too):

1. Would a Discover gift card work?

2. Do the SFMM employees check card name vs. ID?

Thanks! I'm hoping to enjoy my time here on TPR!

^^We're really busy right now since we just got back from Japan and head out for our big US trips in less than three weeks. We'll try to get out there before we leave for the North East Trip but it's not set in stone.

^^Damn how long was X down for that very reason? I have a feeling Tatsu will be SBNO for a while. And ^ So they aren't worried about capacity with that single rider line a week after opening?

-Cookie

The difference being when X went down it was a blown lift motor GEARBOX which had to be specially made for that ride, which made it take a long time. If Tatsu just has a blown lift MOTOR only, it probably won't be down anywhere near as long as X was.

I rode GL on opening weekend, didn't get one spin at all. I did enjoy the negative Gs but because there was no spinning it really tore up my shoulders being pressed up against the restraints on each of the drops. I actually think it would be a more comfortable ride if we did spin more...

On a side note, when we were waiting to be unloaded, the car behind us came into the station with one side was faced straight down while the other side faced up. The people on the bottom screamed in agony but the workers didn't even notice them until he unbuckled us and then he yelled to the panel. It took them a good 5 to 10 minutes to start the ride back up, the next car behind them had to stop at the mid-course break and wait.

Eventhough it sounds funny coming in the station stuck upside down, is this turning into a pattern or is it because its stilll very new and has to be broken in more.

When I ride it next month I hope I come into the station upside down.....sounds like fun!

Eventhough it sounds funny coming in the station stuck upside down, is this turning into a pattern or is it because its stilll very new and has to be broken in more.

When I ride it next month I hope I come into the station upside down.....sounds like fun!

It sure is! happened to me on opeing day!

I think it won't take that long to get a lift motor from a flourishing company verses an absorbed company. How quickly we foget that the same thing happened to Riddler's back in 2008 and It was only closed about a week.

Did you hear that from your friend that was an intern at B&M???.......

I think it's just a balance and spin issue. When we rode Insane there were several times the car would come back into the station. It wasn't a big deal, and it didn't hurt at all. The ride ops were always watching and would just spin you right side up!