TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Awesome....let the complaining about arm guards begin!

And they'll probably be just like Superman's. Disappointing having them on, but in the end they don't really make a difference.

[Edit]: Just a side note, the green GL and green Riddler's don't clash as much as I thought they would. You can't even see Riddler's from Green Lantern's plaza.

Anyone complaining about the "arm guards" on GL, SHUT UP! You sound like a whining lil b*tch, those guards will in no way effect the performance and your experience on the coaster. Again don't knock it until you ride the ride, and if if bugs you so much then sit in the inside seat.

PS the ride looks amazing!

Plastic Arm guards....not cool.

If this ride is anything like X2, then it won't make a difference in terms of ride experience - it's not really an out-and-back, airtime-laden coaster where you ride with your hands in the air; it's more like a 'holy crap hold on for dear life because the train is not counter-balanced because some fat dude is on the other side' kind of coaster.

Does that make sense?

I've ridden X2 at least a dozen times.. and I try to not hold on, but you just have to..

Plastic Arm guards....not cool.

If this ride is anything like X2, then it won't make a difference in terms of ride experience - it's not really an out-and-back, airtime-laden coaster where you ride with your hands in the air; it's more like a 'holy crap hold on for dear life because the train is not counter-balanced because some fat dude is on the other side' kind of coaster.

Does that make sense?

I've ridden X2 at least a dozen times.. and I try to not hold on, but you just have to..

Um they are plastic it would of been fine to put like SEFK.I can imagine they are broken in a month

Um they are plastic it would of been fine to put like SEFK.I can imagine they are broken in a month

So then there's no reason to complain. Much like the broken audio on Terminator, they will be removed once they break - problem solved.

Anybody know how long X2's audio hasn't been working? The last time I went to the park was for WCB, and the audio was working perfectly fine on it then. Hopefully the get it fixed soon, especially for the big holiday weekend. That really tops of the ride experience for me.

Green Lantern looks great! In the news video it looks like there were no riders on the other side of the train, which seems to have improved the flipping of the car for the story. And haha, of course they redesigned the station to improve capacity and in the process they ended up with a clearance issue! I like to put my hands up!

Also, if the audio on X2 has not been working for an extended period of time, expect it to be gone for good. This is Six Flags, nothing holds up for long, be glad it lasted as long as it did.

I can't wait to go Green Lantern, though I will wait at least a couple of months. With Green Lantern, Superman Escape from Krypton, and me not ridden Apocalypse yet (it was closed when I went to MM last year) a trip to Magic Mountain is in order for me sometime this year. If Green Lantern has a 2+ hr line when I go (which will likely be the case) I'll get in the line a few minutes before park closing. When I went to MM last year (late August weekday) I got in the line for X2 literary one minute before park closing (we dashed from Goliath to X2 in 7-8 minutes) and waited about 45 minutes. Anyone who wants to go on X2 but doesn't want to pay $15 extra for one flash pass ride, get in line right before park closing. Just plan your time accordingly so don't end up having to sprint across half the park to make X2 like I did.

Arm shields aside, Green Lantern rocks! But there is no way I will ever wait more than 45 minutes for it.
I would wait more than 45 minutes the first time since I've never been on that type of ride before but after that I agree that wouldn't wait more than 45 minutes.

If ever there was a coaster to divide coaster fans, this one is it. If people are smart, they'll grab two smaller or larger people to ride with them. Only then will you get a truly out of this world ride. Otherwise, its too tame to wait a long time for.

And the waits will be insane!

Apparently GL has two preshows...

http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/sixflags/50700/

Two unique pre-show rooms, produced exclusively for Six Flags, give anxious riders instructions on how to overcome their fears and become like a Green Lantern.

There is also some b-roll in that link above.

Am I the only one that likes pre-shows? I'm glad the have two, but I hope it's more efficient than Apocalypse's was.

Yeah, if you're already waiting in line and they aren't immediately before the loading dock where they can result in inefficient operations, as on Terminator, I think pre-shows are usually good at making the wait more bearable. It's just a matter of whether you're forced to watch them when you could be on the ride, which shouldn't be a problem if done correctly.

I wonder if they'll do single rider? It would probably help a fair amount with capacity, but it would also lead to more balanced rides (ie: less flipping).

I was at media day today. I'll be posting pictures shortly. First of all there are no preshows. There are several rooms, the first room has theming, and the second room has two screens with a continuous loop with the story line. You will get a different ride depending on weight distribution and today they were loading the cars unbalanced. Their are armguards like on S:EFK but I didn't even notice them while on the ride.