TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

We walked in the park at 4:00. X2 is down and deserted. Even with school groups flowing out, it's definitely summer. The park is fairly busy. Apocalypse is still running one train. We're enjoying the old classics. Next up, Riddler single rider. We're having a good time.

Quick question:

Does the Cyber Cafe have WiFi or can you just use their computers?

I think I remember that they have Wifi. But I've never brought my computer into the park to test it out. It might be Wifi with a fee though....

I used the wifi a while back (feb).YOu dont need to pay it free.

Yea...I can only imagine what the line's gonna be for GL this weekend. I've seen billboards everywhere for it, so the park is doing a pretty good job of getting the word out about it. They've built it, let's see if the people will come.

Let's see...

The ride has the capacity of a wild mouse, SFMM has been advertising like crazy, there will be no Flashpass access, and the opening is on a holiday weekend. Ok, so I am going the weekend after, but I am still probably screwed. At least now I do not have to waste any extra $$$ on a Platinum Pass. Now, my current plan is to head directly to GL upon opening, and run back for a Gold Flashpass. If the line for X2 remains long enough throughout the day (which it probably will) I may get the extension. It is a real shame you have to spend $15 a person for ONE ride. If you could take as many rides as you wanted, it would be worth it. Now, though, it is only worth anything on the most crowded of days.

If the line for X2 remains long enough throughout the day (which it probably will) I may get the extension. It is a real shame you have to spend $15 a person for ONE ride. If you could take as many rides as you wanted, it would be worth it. Now, though, it is only worth anything on the most crowded of days.

If you don't want to pay the $15, visit between 5:00 and 7:00. I think that's when the line is at its shortest, between 30 and 60 minutes. Although I personally don't think its worth any wait. I visited on Sunday and the flames and audio were down, and it wasn't providing the best of rides. More like smack your calves and shoulders for a minute and rattle yourself until you pass out. But the first drop never disappoints!

^Even though the ride has been running very rough lately, I have found out how to ride with minimal discomfort, by riding in rows 1, 2, or 3, and keeping head and legs pressed against the headrests/seats.

I believe the rattle has been there since opening day, just some days the ride decides to run better than others. (Two Decembers ago, I got in two glass-smooth rides in one day)

Also, I did use this strategy before, to make a 2 hour wait upon opening 30 minutes. However, this day has the potential to be packed, meaning I may wait, but will probably get the extention.

Wasn't the commercial shoot today? Did anybody here go?

I'm curious to know this, as well.

I was there today and saw them filming the commercial. They had a cherry-picker with cameramen in it, and it was running for most of the day. Also, X2 still has no audio.

^ Cool, thanks!

Were you able to see if there were a lot of people in the film shoot? I'm just curious.. I've applied for past shoots but ended up having scheduling conflicts - I was actually in the clear this time around but sent my email too late.

I'm definitely looking forward to riding GL, but I can easily wait.. (Umm ERT at WCB 2012??? [maybe?])

It's kind of like Star Tours and Little Mermaid.. they've been open for almost a month now, I have a premium pass, and I honestly couldn't care less about riding them because they are 'new' and everyone and their brother has to get to them first.. I'll let the hype die-down.

I couldn't see how many people they had, but I'd wager that they were sending off cars with people most of the time once every 1 or 2 minutes (sometimes more) for an hour at least, and then running it with people sporadically throughout the day. I couldn't see how many people were actually there for the shoot, but I doubt that it was too many.

^Even though the ride has been running very rough lately, I have found out how to ride with minimal discomfort, by riding in rows 1, 2, or 3, and keeping head and legs pressed against the headrests/seats.

Rode X2 in the front a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't "rough", but just very "bouncy". More than usual.

^I rode X2 a week after openingin the back, outside seat, and it was rough as hell. December, 2009 I rode it again, and it was running great! April 2010 I returned and rode in row four on the outside seat, only for it to jackhammer like crazy. Finally, by WCB 2011, I had figured out how to ride with minimal discomfort. It is a real shame that this ride is not smooth enough now to just throw your hands in the air and enjoy the floater airtime. Since you will be holding on so tight and keeping your head back to keep yourself from flying like a rag doll, it pretty much kills the floater airtime.

I am going to jump into this topic by saying I rode it a week ago today and it was perhaps the smoothest ride I have ever had on it! We rode second to last row, was on the outside, and only head banged once, slightly, after the last inversion. I was very thrilled!

Got on once this morning for media. It packs a bigger punch than it appears.

There is signage for a flashpass, but I'm guessing they won't implement it right away. I'm also guessing it'll be a pretty slow line. It does have the "catchers mitts" on the outside seats (like Superman) due to tight clearance in the station.

Really, the only "uncomfortable" part on X2 for me is the last Raven Turn. It really bangs your legs around.

For me it's everything after the turnaround, from about where the weird twisty roll thing is until the end. I had an extremely smooth ride in the rain at WCB this year, and have had about a 50-50 chance overall of getting a good ride.

I can't wait to see the reports from media day today!

Really, the only "uncomfortable" part on X2 for me is the last Raven Turn. It really bangs your legs around.

QFT - this is really the only part of the ride that bangs me around - it can be difficult to keep your legs from flailing around in the air.