TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Hmmm. This gets me thinking. I really want to come down soon, not only for GL, but to take some friends who have only experienced SFDK and show them where the real coasters are at in California. I was planing on coming in July sometime, preferably 1 or 2 weekdays. We are currently trying to save up for a Gold Flash Pass. If we go, get there early, sprint to rides not featured on the flash pass (I was thinking up the summit to S:EFK, then down to Deja Vu, then over to GL), and then pick up the Flash Pass, will we have enough time to hit everything in the park at least once? Thanks guys.

Arrive at least 30 minutes before opening, and head directly to X2. Superman and Deja already support FP's, so, unless the FP is not available on any rides, just walk to GL after riding X2 and hit up any major attraction not supported by the FP on that current day. After GL, head directly to the FP office.

However, if you can afford Platinum passes, just go straight to X2, and come back to the office to get your pass. These also support GL, and you will get two rides for every 1. However, if money is such an issue, there is little more you can do with a Gold Pass over a regular one; you can go on all the same rides, just less riding. It all depends on how often you visit the park. If you go less than once every two years, try to go Platinum. If you go less than once every year, go Gold. If you visit often, and crowds are not TOO bad, go regular. If crowds are light enough, don't get one at all.

Oh, and one more thing. If it's Tuesday on the fifth day after an eclipse, go to the little house underneath Tatsu. There you will pick out a partridge in a pear tree, and hold it while riding X2. This will give you good luck for the rest of your visit.

Oh, and one more thing. If it's Tuesday on the fifth day after an eclipse, go to the little house underneath Tatsu. There you will pick out a partridge in a pear tree, and hold it while riding X2. This will give you good luck for the rest of your visit.

Wouldn't that violate the loose-article policy?

Also.... which house under Tatsu? Is there such a thing?

Hmmm. This gets me thinking. I really want to come down soon, not only for GL, but to take some friends who have only experienced SFDK and show them where the real coasters are at in California. I was planing on coming in July sometime, preferably 1 or 2 weekdays. We are currently trying to save up for a Gold Flash Pass. If we go, get there early, sprint to rides not featured on the flash pass (I was thinking up the summit to S:EFK, then down to Deja Vu, then over to GL), and then pick up the Flash Pass, will we have enough time to hit everything in the park at least once? Thanks guys.

The route I usually go to get the most out of my day with a season pass and no flash pass is:

Tatsu (you can go for two if you'd like), Apoc (with multiple rides over and over), Deja Vu, Riddler (with an extra ride or two), Colossus, Scream (with many back to back rides), Goliath. On Sunday I used this route and got a total of 15 rides in (7 unique coasters) in about 2.5 hours. If I stay the full day then I always head to x2 towards the end of the night to get the final ride in with the line usually being about 30-40 minutes. I'm new to the park and have not tried the run to x2 to start off the day as I prefer Tatsu and think it might put me ahead of the crowd for the morning hours. In fact a lot of the time I won't see anybody coming from the front of the park while I'm at Apoc / Deja Vu until I get to about Jet Stream. After the first round of rides I'll typically go ride Jet Stream, Tidal Wave, Viper, gold rusher, and Ninja as well as any of the flat rides. I have not rode Superman yet, so I'm not sure how to fit that into the circuit yet and I also don't know how I'll fit in GL. Of course if you get the flash pass this changes everything since you'll want to get in the rides without flash pass first before getting your pass and heading to the other rides.

Have fun!

If I stay the full day then I always head to x2 towards the end of the night to get the final ride in with the line usually being about 30-40 minutes. I'm new to the park and have not tried the run to x2 to start off the day as I prefer Tatsu and think it might put me ahead of the crowd for the morning hours. In fact a lot of the time I won't see anybody coming from the front of the park while I'm at Apoc / Deja Vu until I get to about Jet Stream.

You pretty much nailed it - most people start at X2 and make the rounds - Tatsu, Apoc, etc.. ending at the Colossus side.

During West Coast Bash, I had just finished my second consecutive ride on X2 at 10:30; by the time I exited to the long bridge that heads back toward Panda Express, the line was already overflowing onto the bridge at 10:34 - people were huffing and puffing because they RAN from the front gate..

So, if you can get in early (Discover Card) to beat the crowds, start with X2, otherwise, come back to it later.

^^^It's a magical house that you can only see on the fifth Tuesday after an eclipse. It is located near the base of the lifthill and can be located from the back path. Also, the partridge is invisible, so the ride ops will not see you carry it on. Normally, you would be breaking park rules, but, since this bird is magical, that's okay.

Anyway, I am planning on going July 8. Going to get there early, run to X2, and back to the entrance. There, I will buy a flashpass, probably Platinum. GL marathon, anyone?

Arrive at least 30 minutes before opening, and head directly to X2. Superman and Deja already support FP's, so, unless the FP is not available on any rides, just walk to GL after riding X2 and hit up any major attraction not supported by the FP on that current day. After GL, head directly to the FP office.

However, if you can afford Platinum passes, just go straight to X2, and come back to the office to get your pass. These also support GL, and you will get two rides for every 1. However, if money is such an issue, there is little more you can do with a Gold Pass over a regular one; you can go on all the same rides, just less riding. It all depends on how often you visit the park. If you go less than once every two years, try to go Platinum. If you go less than once every year, go Gold. If you visit often, and crowds are not TOO bad, go regular. If crowds are light enough, don't get one at all.

Im planing on adding X2 to the flash pass for the additional fee, so that will not be a problem, as I would rather skip the line and ride closer to night time than ride first thing in the morning. According to SFMM's website (http://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/tickets/flashpass.aspx), Superman and Deja are both not supported for FP's. Is the website wrong? Has anyone been to the park recently and seen Superman and Deja Vu available? If anyone knows, that would be great.

Hey neighbor did you get accepted for the commercial?

I've yet to hear back from them. Have any other members been chosen?

Wednesday would be perfect, too..

I didn't sign up due to work that night but I told my niece about it. She and her friend were chosen and notified on Sunday.

According to SFMM's website (http://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/tickets/flashpass.aspx), Superman and Deja are both not supported for FP's. Is the website wrong? Has anyone been to the park recently and seen Superman and Deja Vu available? If anyone knows, that would be great.

Superman is definitely Flash Pass accessible. However, it might only be an option for the gold or platinum ones. I think Deja Vu is available, but I am not 100% sure.

^I have seen many people use FP's on Superman, so there is no question about that. Also, there is a Flashpass line on Deja, but I don't recall anyone using it on my last visit. Perhaps it was not available on the pass that day?

^I have seen many people use FP's on Superman, so there is no question about that. Also, there is a Flashpass line on Deja, but I don't recall anyone using it on my last visit. Perhaps it was not available on the pass that day?

I dont know. The last time I was there with a flash pass, Superman was still running forwards and was available, as well as Deja. However, for a lot of the day, next to Deja Vu on the device it would say "FULL". I remember that going away in the afternoon though. I think that was the same case with Superman as well for a while.

Rumor has it that it may have a surprise involved with it's 35th anniversary? Please God! Please oh please God make our wildest dreams come true!

I heard they are going to re-stripe the parking lot lines underneath the ride.. It would give us something else to bitch about in this thread.

But seriously.. I do like Colossus as-is; if they were to improve it somehow, it'd be quite the treat!

^ I respectfully disagree. Even if the ride was butter smooth, its quite boring now....it needs a massive reprofile to make it thrilling again, those turnarounds are so tedious and monotonous. Sorry, there just so much more thrilling coasters out there right now that it couldnt compete unless it had major changes to it. My opinion!

Brand new ride ... holiday weekend opening ... not sure of capacity/issues ... I can see why.

Two Scenarios:

A) A whole bunch of "regular" park guests don't get to ride GL because of technical issues ...

B) A whole bunch of "Premium Flash Pass" park guests don't get to ride GL because of technical issues ...

Scenario A is a big enough headache in and of itself without having to throw in the people from Scenario B.

Brand new ride ... holiday weekend opening ... not sure of capacity/issues ... I can see why.

Two Scenarios:

A) A whole bunch of "regular" park guests don't get to ride GL because of technical issues ...

B) A whole bunch of "Premium Flash Pass" park guests don't get to ride GL because of technical issues ...

Scenario A is a big enough headache in and of itself without having to throw in the people from Scenario B.

You wont be able to USE the flash passes on GL that day...A friend of mine called Guest Relations and told him that.