TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Am i the only one that is not that excited for this coaster? It will be so short and it's nothing more than a Deja Vu. Sorry, no one else wanted to admit it.

NOTHING like Deja Vu, where do you see that? Not excited? Well that's too bad then.

Except it's nothing like Deja Vu and its clone has been very, very highly praised by everyone that's ridden it. Judging before riding is never really that smart.

EXACTLY!

Am i the only one that is not that excited for this coaster? It will be so short and it's nothing more than a Deja Vu. Sorry, no one else wanted to admit it.

The proof is in the riding, not in the talking.

I expected to dislike Insane at Grona Lund and ended up thinking it was great. We shall see.

This conversation is also boring.

Do any of you work at the park maintenance? Do you have the slightest idea as to what goes into rehabbing or working on trains? I highly doubt it, and all of this 'I think I sound technical' babble is actually kind of sad.

Surely there must be a fancy title for a dude that not-so-ironically takes time out of the "boring" conversation to ONLY point out how boring a discussion is, yes?

WAIT, then what does this post make ME?!?!?!

Anyway, I guess I've been spoiled by the site admin's detailed photo trip reports/park updates.....where are they? I suppose there's not a whole lot to worry about until the new ride's media day, but I always enjoy all of the rest of the park's update(s) too!

On a completely unrelated note, was Free Fall completely scrapped - or did some of the ride's parts/vehicles find their way to a park still running a first gen?

I expected to dislike Insane at Grona Lund and ended up thinking it was great. We shall see.

Okay Chuck. I highly respect your opinion so I will wait for first ride to comment. You made alot of sense to me

I have been on Tele2Insane at Grona Lund and I would say it isn't worth a 30 minute wait, especially when there's so many better rides around the park. At Grona Lund this is one of their main attractions, and after getting off once my little brother didn't even want to re-ride and it was a walk on. I rode again because I thought I might have gotten a bad batch of flips on the ride the first time around...nope, it was the same on the second.

If the way the ride was run at Grona is any indication, the line is going to be stupid long.

I agree with what someone said earlier. Green Lantern is a glorified flat ride that will double as a coaster credit. If your thinking in terms of a ride like Tatsu or Riddler's Revenge, of course you're going to be disappointed. Think of it in terms of a unique experience that adds to the diversity of the park's rides (kinda of like Freefall did), there's no reason to be disappointed.

Reign in your expectations and just have fun. "Fun" seems to be a lost art in this hobby, with people expecting every ride to be the second coming of S:ROS.

Just like every other ride ever built, some people will love it, and for some it will just be meh... So be it.

I have been on Tele2Insane at Grona Lund and I would say it isn't worth a 30 minute wait, especially when there's so many better rides around the park. At Grona Lund this is one of their main attractions, and after getting off once my little brother didn't even want to re-ride and it was a walk on. I rode again because I thought I might have gotten a bad batch of flips on the ride the first time around...nope, it was the same on the second.

If the way the ride was run at Grona is any indication, the line is going to be stupid long.

You need to get some ERT on one of these rides with a fun ride op, unbalanced rides change the way this thing operates, it can be absolutly insane, very intense and almost blackout worthy, the idea of the ride is to ride balanced, which can produce a dull ride, unbalanced is the way

I think a 30 minute queue is about the max I personally would queue for a Zacspin.

I agree with what someone said earlier. Green Lantern is a glorified flat ride that will double as a coaster credit.

Just like every other ride ever built, some people will love it, and for some it will just be meh... So be it.

Your kinda right, although I think the best description arose whilst queuing for Insane a few weeks ago....

Its like a freaky lovechild of a booster and a screaming squirrel

I agree with what someone said earlier. Green Lantern is a glorified flat ride that will double as a coaster credit. If your thinking in terms of a ride like Tatsu or Riddler's Revenge, of course you're going to be disappointed. Think of it in terms of a unique experience that adds to the diversity of the park's rides (kinda of like Freefall did), there's no reason to be disappointed.

Reign in your expectations and just have fun. "Fun" seems to be a lost art in this hobby, with people expecting every ride to be the second coming of S:ROS.

I agree, I'll ride it once for the credit. I think of it as a "spin & puke." I'm not a fan of X2, so GL will be the same for me. Just my opinion too. It will shorten the lines for the other rides I love at the mountain.

Okay Chuck. I highly respect your opinion so I will wait for first ride to comment. You made alot of sense to me

Thank you. I think a lot will depend on how the park decides to operate Green Lantern. If the car is unbalanced, you can, indeed, get an "Insane" ride.

This is a type of ride it is impossible to know how awesome it actually is without having been on one. On paper they shouldn't really be that great! I wasn't expecting that much riding Insane, but it turned out to be on eof my favorites. It depends on the weight distribution though!

About rides affected by weight distrubition. Me and my friend rode Tony Hawk Big Spin (Now just Big Spin I guess.) at SFDK. My friend gets the great idea to sit right now to me, when I assumed he knew physics more then me. I was like Mike, get the hell off this side you idiot then "CLICK!!!" the ride OP locked us in and said "Have Fun!!!"

I proceeded to cuss my friend out all the way up the lift hill. we spun around 10+ times while waiting to come back into the station, we got dizzy as all hell.

That said since the ways the cars on GL are. There should be at least a person on each side at any time. If the park wants to keep wait times low. Of course oneside could have two big guys and the other side could have a scrawny person like me. Thus making it "insane".

Either way a new coaster is a new coaster.

I was at the park today, and managed to snag these pics with my iPhone. The area is shaping up to be very colorful, if nothing else. Looks like they still have a bit of work to do, but I'd suspect they'd be ready by next week.

002.thumb.JPG.1e5243a0fc5f9da4239954afcc259780.JPG

003.thumb.JPG.e4db4f8f7989e39e7eefbbde0e142058.JPG

005.thumb.JPG.ee1087b0a1579c180a681f062751755a.JPG

004.thumb.JPG.cab788c68d24ec7220bd8c9ae335e2db.JPG

006.thumb.JPG.88b15f22d35e03538f476caef4adeeef.JPG

Hello everyone! I was planning on going to SFMM next week for a couple of days. I don't go very often, wish I could, but can't really at the moment. Anyways, I was looking at the website and it said that Batman was closed for scheduled maintenance. Is this normal this time of year and how long does it usually last? Thanks in advance for the help! It wont ruin my trip or anything just curious

^ Batman is closed because the whole Gotham area is walled off for its retheming into a DC area, to accommodate Green Lantern.

Oh, ok thank you for the clarification . Guess ill get my B&M fix on Riddler's, Tatsu, and Scream .

^ Batman is closed because the whole Gotham area is walled off for its retheming into a DC area, to accommodate Green Lantern.

Oh, ok thank you for the clarification . Guess ill get my B&M fix on Riddler's, Tatsu, and Scream .

How ya doing, neighbor to the north?

The new 'land' does look pretty awesome! I guess I wasn't expecting a re-theme, but I'm pleasantly surprised, and might even catch a ride on the flat rides that I've passed a few dozen times.

How ya doing, neighbor to the north?

The new 'land' does look pretty awesome! I guess I wasn't expecting a re-theme, but I'm pleasantly surprised, and might even catch a ride on the flat rides that I've passed a few dozen times.

Oh hey! Temecula awesome! Nice to meet someone local .