TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

For anyone planning to go, last Monday was pretty terrible, everything had a long line and the 3rd lot got full. Doesn't help when there's 1 train operation on some rides. Seems the park is now in full swing summer mode as far as guests are concerned so be advised.

I also love how guests reward the park for terrible operations, by paying them to cut in ridiculously long lines they're responsible for!

I also love how guests reward the park for terrible operations, by paying them to cut in ridiculously long lines they're responsible for!

Totally agree, if parks could operate better, there would be less incentive to have to buy fast passes and the like. unfortunate

Totally agree, if parks could operate better, there would be less incentive to have to buy fast passes and the like. unfortunate

If only there were a really large, and obvious, way to get FREE TICKETS TO SIX FLAGS. That would ease MY pain.

Theme parks have lines, if you can't handle the wait and can't afford a flash pass, either go in the off season or find a new hobby. Seriously, even Disneyland with a free fastpass system and generally good operations still has lines, even lines for fastpass return when the park is busy. And keep in mind for the price of a day at Disney, you could probably afford SFMM with a Flash Pass.

^I believe it is now only $20 more to purchase a season pass AND a Gold Flashpass over a 1 day Disney hopper. You can come as often as you want PLUS you don't have to wait in lines for a day PLUS there are some discounts on food.

However, parks should not just give guests who pay more the special treatment. Maybe if there was no stacking on X2 or Tatsu, the Flashpass would be more than justified, as are Fastpasses. (Especially due to the enormous additional fee on X2) Didn't the Flashpass come before the Fastpass, though? It was just under a different name when it first came out at SFOT.

Went to the park this morning for a few hours. Got to the discover line right as they were opening the main gates. Left the wife and kiddo and grabbed the first orient car, and jumped on the third tatsu train out. Then went over to apoc for 4 rides in the back, riddlers for a single ride, 3 different seats on scream, froth seat on colossus, and then a ride in the front and back of Goliath, all before 12:30. The park was really empty. Had some fun in bugs world before leaving the park at 1:30.

Went to the park this morning for a few hours. Got to the discover line right as they were opening the main gates. Left the wife and kiddo........

WIN! With this school schedule where some kids like me get out in May and some not out yet it seems like a real hit or miss with hitting the big mob of crowds or having an empty park. Green Lantern will really help with the crowded days though.

-Cookie

With this school schedule where some kids like me get out in May and some not out yet it seems like a real hit or miss with hitting the big mob of crowds or having an empty park. Green Lantern will really help with the crowded days though.

-Cookie

When DC Universe reopens (including Batman, Green Lantern, two flats, and a shop and restaurant) crowds will definitely not be as bad for the entire park.

I think X2 will just have the one to two hour line basically all summer, with the exception of a three hour line on Saturdays. I'm always surprised to see Goliath's line significantly over an hour, because it is easily the most efficient ride in the park. I hope they get train 3 running on Tatsu this summer. The one train operation per each station side is good until you move from the switchbacks to the station, from then it takes forever because its basically just like experiencing one train ops.

I think I'll head out to the mountain next Sunday (seriously) and take a lap around to see how everything's going--

TR: 6/26/11

I predict I'll probably complain about how Apocalypse still has one train ops, Superman and Tatsu had terrible crews, and tell everyone I went on Riddler's 100 times via the single rider line. I'll probably be too lazy to take pictures and tell myself that I'll do it next trip. Maybe we'll mix it up and say Deja Vu was having an off GIB day, and was broken down until noon. DC Universe will probably look "good."

^Oh, God. I hope they can get the second train on by 4th of July. I am going the weekend after, when it will hopefully be a bit less packed. Still, 1 train op on Apoc has caused me to wait 2 hours before. I seriously hope they will have the second train ready VERY soon.

Actually, I wonder why they don't just close the ride for rehab. Deja has been down for the longest time. Why not just close Apoc as well?

I have to wonder if the Apoc trains are going through more than just a normal rehab, especially with the lost of the audio. In any event, I agree with them keeping the coaster open, even though the waits have to be insane. As we've seen from the recent past, closed coasters are much more of a reputation killer than extended rehabs are. Especially for a park that makes such a big deal out of how many coaster they have.

The first train was done being rehabbed and swapped with the other train (so each train was rehabbed back to back). During the rehab, the trains are getting their side panels changed from the old style to just grey, and the sound control box was removed off the last car.

apoc.jpg.6731edfde732d0d55beda7eacd3db236.jpg

Taken from Ryan H at Planet Six.

^Oh, God. I hope they can get the second train on by 4th of July. I am going the weekend after, when it will hopefully be a bit less packed. Still, 1 train op on Apoc has caused me to wait 2 hours before. I seriously hope they will have the second train ready VERY soon.

Actually, I wonder why they don't just close the ride for rehab. Deja has been down for the longest time. Why not just close Apoc as well?

What's worse to most guests.....a closed ride or a long line due to only one train being available? Most guests would say closed ride.

^That's not necessarily true. A guest who missed out on one ride will be disappointed, but if long lines have a severe impact on the total amount of rides they are able to ride...the damage is probably worse.

"I paid all this money and I could only ride 4 rides?!?!" vs "It sucks this was closed, but at least we rode everything else"

Deja Vu only has one train, so they don't really have a choice when it comes to closing it down for a few months. Same cannot be said for Apocalypse. Plus, why would they close two rides in the same corner of the park? I don't think guests go over there just to play the carnival game near Apoco's entrance or to shop at the ride's gift shop

Better to wait an hour or so for a good ride than miss out on a good ride because its closed (unless the case is like with Deja Vu, where there isn't much of a choice for the park).