TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Log Jammer needs a rehab. More theming. Maybe looney tune it up.

Colossus, Revolution, and Log Jammer need new station buildings. I haven't checked on Roaring Rapids lately but I'm sure the station is looking a little tired. The Riddler's Revenge's facade looks like turds. There are sections torn off of the front of the building and the fake building by the entrance. Ninja's station looks like its going to splinter and fall apart (but the track and transfers sure look pretty). Sandblaster's building and Scrambler's line shade need new paint jobs. The Ben & Jerry's by Colossus looks old. Tatsu, Riddler's, Scream, and Colossus need new paint, but that's been established a while ago. Cyclone Bay's buildings look a little shabby.

I think they recently refurbished Gold Rusher's station building, and it looks fine. Jet Stream also got a new tent for its loading dock and new paint on the entrance. The improvements in DC Universe cover Grinder Gearworks and Atom Smasher. All of the old Gotham area seems to be turning out great. Cyber Cafe, Food Etc, and the Johnny Rockets all are looking nice. The Orient Express stations got new paint. All of the newer coasters have good looking stations that have held up better then the old ones. Deja Vu, Superman, X, Goliath, Batman, and Tatsu's stations are all pleasant.

At this point I think the only things that need an appearance uplift is everything mentioned. That and some serious gardening along most of the overgrown trees and bushes along paths. I think everything's theme is alright for now. I'd rather see them invest in the basic appearance rather then theming, but that's just my opinion. Not that I don't agree with people that say the place needs a better theme. I think with changes in themes comes better appearance, as shown by the new DC Universe.

^^I am going to try to give some exact predictions.

X2: 2 Hours in the morning, should die down to 1 hour by 4pm

Tatsu: 30 min at the beginning and end of the day, 1 hour in the middle

Apoc: 30 min in the morning, 1-1.5 hour in the afternoon (with 1 train)

Deja Vu: 30 min in the morning and night, 1-1.5 hour in the afternoon

Riddlers: (I always go single rider on this, so I can't really give you an accurate guess)

Scream: 20 min tops

Goliath: 30 min tops

Does this answer your question?

^^Thanks! But, be warned. These are the closest predictions I can imagine to the real thing. My advice: run to X2 first, then hit up Tatsu, Superman, Deja, and Apoc. Goliath, while very popular, has great capacity, so lines should never be too long there.

JJ728, Roaring Rapids just got a nice rehab and the station (and ride) is looking great.

That's good to hear. Also, I recalled them having a shade structure over the line previously, but it was torn down (I think I noticed it around March). Is that part of the rehab?

It is not that simple. MEDIA day is meant for actual media outlets that will generate publicity for the park. I wouldn't recommend contacting the park, as the event is not intended for "regular" guests or small websites.

^Then you might get the invite when they are sent out. Once again, it is not recommended that you contact them asking to be invited to an event that does not yet even have an official date.

With Green Lantern opening up at the beginning of July, what do you guys think the crowds will be like on weekdays next month? I might push my visit to a further date if the crowds during opening week (before it opens) will be the same as the weeks to follow.

So, this might be a dumb question, but how will they get the cars onto the track since the trackwork is complete already? Will they take a section off? Is there a gap I'm not seeing? I'm really curious.

It could also have a removable section of track somewhere in the station area similar to Deja Vu. If they did my guess would be that its at the back end of the station just after the brake run where the last curved section meets the first straight one, or near that as I don't believe it would be near the lift.

I am kind of disappointed that B:TR might be closed (It's the only coaster that I didn't ride during my last visit.)

You know you're an enthusiast when you're disappointed that a mediocre coaster is closed for the sole reason that you didn't get to ride it before.

I never rode Boomerang at SFDK for the longest time because it was always closed for maintenance, and every time I went and heard it was closed, I was disappointed. Now, I could care less about it.