TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

From Six Flags' Facebook:

It takes time to build a Super Coaster … and we need just a little more of it. GREEN LANTERN: First Flight will make its much-anticipated debut Friday, July 1, just in time for the 4th of July holiday weekend.

===================================================================================================

Well, looks like another date pushed.

Edited by djbrcace1234

That's disappointing news, as I was planning on visiting this month and hoping it would be open. Oh well, I'm satisfied with their current collection of coasters, so I don't mind waiting until a later trip to ride it. Sucks for non-So Cal people, though, who were planning on coming a long way to ride it opening day or later this month.

^ Yeah, how dare they make you wait another two weeks. Rides have problems, SFGAM's Deja Vu didn't open until October of its first year, and thats a park thats only open until October! Hell, even MM's roller skater took two years! You're getting a kick ass new coaster that can't be ridden anywhere else in America. I think you can handle another 14 days

^^ Exactly why this ticked me off so much. ^And I' not saying SFMM is bad, it's just that they have a chronic case of delaying rides. If they can't ever settle on an opening date, then wait untill you know you can get the project done.

Edited by X2coasterfreak

But really though, it's been delayed from memorial day to July 1st. I'm disappointed because I have to reschedule a planned trip. It's a big deal when you live 3+ hours away.

Did they ever say it was set to open Memorial Day weekend? I thought all they were saying was late Spring.

They never confirmed Memorial Day just everyone ASSUMED it would and you know what they say about assuming. Technically it's only been delayed once and it's a first of it's kind here in America so I think we can wait for it and stop complaining.

-Cookie