TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The western boundary is the road behind the park, including the bump out in the northwest corner for the overflow parking lot. Feedmill Rd/Knudson Pkwy is pretty much the northern boundary. The entrance roadway, from Magic Mountain Pkwy north to Feedmill is the eastern boundary. The southern boundary is pretty much where Magic Mountain Pkwy ends and continues west to the very southwest part of the park, behind the old building just south of Apocalypse. The only real 'open' space they have is the parking lots, but they have tons of space hidden within the park that can be used to add new rides and attractions.

I am quite impressed with the location of Green Lantern, and the keeping of the facades. Pretty much a perfect spot for a coaster GL's size. I would expect future attraction construction possibly requiring the removal of an existing structure, like the monorail stations. Or if the rumor of Tidal Wave's removal comes true sooner than later. Knott's I have to give credit to as well, they are doing the best they can with their available space.

I've heard many bad things about this park beforehand but last Wed I had a great day. Moderate waits on the popular coasters like 20 mins for X2 and 15 mins for Tatsu. No wait at all for Vortex, Revolution, Riddlers Revenge, Scream, Colossus and Goliath - did all those 4-5 times. All coasters with the exception of Superman running 2 trains despite the little audience.

Much better than Knotts the day before. Attendants very swift and friendly, except for X2 you could bring and store loose articles in the station areas - also no fuss about sunglasses onride as at Knotts.

Went by the park with my wife and daughter for a quick hour after work today. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the RRE site. They have added a ton of themeing to the site since the last pictures posted online. They have more Wiley and RR figures throughout the area and on top of those fake rock piles. They've also added a ton of fake wood cactus (and real) and wood desert mountains along the back fences and throughout the ride. The cars now have ACME stickers all over them and there is Acme signs on the old Yosemite queue house and what I'm assuming will be the photo house for RRE next to the Magic Flyer coaster. Looks great...

We went out to the park tonight, got there around 7:00 and met up with my nephew. My little one played in BBW with my wife while we went on other rides. Hit up Colossus, Scream, Riddler and Tatsu before the park closed. We are going to go back tomorrow first thing in the morning and see if we can't get on X2, Tatsu, Apoc and Goliath before calling it a day. RRE was looking great. They had a bunch of ride ops getting trained and testing it out when we got there. We rode Tatsu at night, wow is that a neat feeling in the dark.

Looks like we're heading out today for the ribbon cutting ceremony and to get KT her 116th Jeff Johnson Coaster Credit (or 89th actual credit!).

Tyler and Robby are out as well, but they already have the credit (same as Robb and I) from New Orleans. So we'll just go support KT!

I heard some people complaining that the shoe train didn't match the theming of the coaster, but they're ACME Rocket-Powered Roller Skates, so it does! Props to SFMM for building a decent kiddie coaster, the theming looks great, better than half the coasters there.

I think the theme worked out great, even the shoes as coaster cars. I remember the old Road Runner cartoons where Wile E. Coyote strapped on the rocket roller skates, so it makes perfect sense. This is a great addition to the park. Thanks for the pictures.