TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^On an early June weekday at the very least you should be able to wait until you're at the park to decide. If you're there when the gates open, you may not find it worthwhile except at for a few rides such as Tatsu and Deja Vu, and that chiefly for speedy rerides.

^ Agreed. Most schools don't get out until June 10th (or later) so you may still be ok.

As PAL said, I'd get to the park and then see how bad it is before deciding on a Flash Pass. At the very least, I don't think you would have to worry about them selling out that day.

We're coming to California in a weeks time, and we're planning to go to SFMM on Wednesday 8th June. What are the crowds likely to be like that day? Busy? Quiet? I'm thinking Gold FP's will be worth it, but I don't want to buy them if they really aren't needed. A few years ago we went to Six Flags America in Maryland, and bought FP's thinking it would be busy - in the end, all but Superman:ROS had less than 15 minute waits all day. I don't want to spend $115 on FP's for the two of us to find we could have done everything with time to spare anyway!

Like others have said, I wouldn't plan to buy a Gold FP unless you find a strong reason to during the day. Take the advice of others in the thread and get there early to be first in the gate (if you have a discover card then you may get in before the crowds) and run to X2 to get a ride, then head to Tatsu for a ride or two, then hit up Superman, Deja Vu, Apoc, Riddler, Scream, and Goliath. You can then go back through and ride Viper, the flats, Gold Rusher and Colossus. Towards the end of the day you should be able to get quick rides on X2 and Tatsu again. I went last week Friday, with many school buses at the park and a AAA party that night and I still rode a ton of rides between 10:30-4. I think on a Wednesday you'll be able to ride all that you want to plus re-rides. If at any point the crowds are getting thick and the waits are too long then go pick up the FP. Have fun!

Oh and the geese that have been having babies throughout the park were roaming around and a new batch, maybe a couple days old, were hanging out in their nest under a tree. Of course you had the stupid people and their kids trying to touch them. The adult geese were not having it though, they started spreading their wings and chasing people away from the chicks.

Was this over by the bumper cars? I saw a momma that looked like she was nesting last Friday and management had surrounded the planter/tree with barriers and there were a few management folks giving her water. She looked pretty uncomfortable in the sun and was slow moving like she might have been in labor. Pretty neat to get to see the babies A few weeks ago we also saw a group of babies and the parents seemed relaxed once we started feeding them goldfish crackers.

Whoo! Just changed our OKC flights to go to Dallas instead for a day, SFOT here we come, can't wait to ride Texas Giant

Posted on the Facebook page...

BEEP BEEP - The Road Runner Express will open to the public following a ribbon cutting ceremony this Saturday, May 28. We are celebrating 40 years of thrills with the opening of our 17th coaster, and have a special FB offer for you. Use promo code: 40BDAY at sixflags.com and when you buy a $34.99 general admission you will get a FREE child ticket (under 48") good for this Memorial Day weekend. This BIG deal is only available online for this weekend only. GO BIG - GO Six Flags!

Was this over by the bumper cars? I saw a momma that looked like she was nesting last Friday and management had surrounded the planter/tree with barriers and there were a few management folks giving her water. She looked pretty uncomfortable in the sun and was slow moving like she might have been in labor. Pretty neat to get to see the babies A few weeks ago we also saw a group of babies and the parents seemed relaxed once we started feeding them goldfish crackers.

Whoo! Just changed our OKC flights to go to Dallas instead for a day, SFOT here we come, can't wait to ride Texas Giant

Yes it was right in front of them actually. That tree between the bumper cars and Tidal Wave. She was walking around by the end of the day with the three little ones. My daughter enjoyed watching them explore.

^On an early June weekday at the very least you should be able to wait until you're at the park to decide. If you're there when the gates open, you may not find it worthwhile except at for a few rides such as Tatsu and Deja Vu, and that chiefly for speedy rerides.

^ Agreed. Most schools don't get out until June 10th (or later) so you may still be ok.

As PAL said, I'd get to the park and then see how bad it is before deciding on a Flash Pass. At the very least, I don't think you would have to worry about them selling out that day.

Like others have said, I wouldn't plan to buy a Gold FP unless you find a strong reason to during the day. Take the advice of others in the thread and get there early to be first in the gate (if you have a discover card then you may get in before the crowds) and run to X2 to get a ride, then head to Tatsu for a ride or two, then hit up Superman, Deja Vu, Apoc, Riddler, Scream, and Goliath. You can then go back through and ride Viper, the flats, Gold Rusher and Colossus. Towards the end of the day you should be able to get quick rides on X2 and Tatsu again. I went last week Friday, with many school buses at the park and a AAA party that night and I still rode a ton of rides between 10:30-4. I think on a Wednesday you'll be able to ride all that you want to plus re-rides. If at any point the crowds are getting thick and the waits are too long then go pick up the FP. Have fun!

Thanks guys! We'll do as suggested then, and go back to get the FP's after we've done a few rides if the queue's are getting big. We were planning on doing X2 & Tatsu at the start of the day anyway, so that works well for us. Now we've just got to cross everything and hope Green Lantern is open by the time we go! We didn't plan our trip around that opening, so it's not the end of the world if it isn't open, but knowing it's opening soon but knowing our luck not in time for us is a bit frustrating! Oh, and we couldn't buy the FP's in advance anyway, or even park tickets, as they only let US/Canada residents buy them online If we don't find any other discounts while we are out there, we'll at least make use of the AAA discount through our AA/ARC Europe membership.

Posted on the Facebook page...

BEEP BEEP - The Road Runner Express will open to the public following a ribbon cutting ceremony this Saturday, May 28. We are celebrating 40 years of thrills with the opening of our 17th coaster, and have a special FB offer for you. Use promo code: 40BDAY at sixflags.com and when you buy a $34.99 general admission you will get a FREE child ticket (under 48") good for this Memorial Day weekend. This BIG deal is only available online for this weekend only. GO BIG - GO Six Flags!

I was thinking of going to this but then I realized it's the Saturday of Memorial Weekend... no thanks.

"First test run on Road Runner Express which is opening this Saturday, May 28. AND...Green Lantern: First Flight opens June 18....FTW! GO 18, GO BIG, GO SFMM!" - Posted by SFMM on Facebook

Did SFMM just use "FTW" or was it just me?

Did SFMM just use "FTW" or was it just me?
I couldn't believe it either.

I'm relatively sure it stands for "For The Win," but seriously...

I was at the park on Sunday. Didn't take any pictures (not that I usually do either, which I should start doing more often). Pretty much everything that was to report has been reported. Green Lantern looks great, went on Tidal Wave just to take a closer look. Lots and lots of repainting done everywhere in the old backlot area. It's good to see all that effort going into a "tired" area of the park. Grinder Gearworks (aka Wonder Women) is gleaming with shiny blue paint that looks AWESOME!

One train on Apocalypse, two on every other coaster (except Deja Vu of course). The left track of Superman opened at around noon. Went to the right towards Goliath at opening and got on everything on that half of the park with a walk on. Superman and Tatsu were about thirty minute waits each. Apocalypse and Deja Vu hovered between 40 minutes and an hour all day. Miserable operations on Deja Vu and Superman (I didn't see a car go up once when I was sitting on a bench waiting for someone in the restroom for 5 minutes). Clocked one Deja Vu run at about a seven minute dispatch... X2 was consistently around an hour wait, the switchback sections where the TVs are was full all day, but I'd say dispatches were decent with little stacking. Tatsu's switchbacks were about 2/3 full, but two trains kept the line moving surprisingly fast by Tatsu's usual standards.

Was this over by the bumper cars? I saw a momma that looked like she was nesting last Friday and management had surrounded the planter/tree with barriers and there were a few management folks giving her water. She looked pretty uncomfortable in the sun and was slow moving like she might have been in labor.

LOL! Dude it's a goose, it doesn't go into labor, but I will keep an eye out for them if I go to the park this week. Hopefully they will soft open RRE, so I can get the credit without the crowds on the weekend.

LOL! Dude it's a goose, it doesn't go into labor, but I will keep an eye out for them if I go to the park this week. Hopefully they will soft open RRE, so I can get the credit without the crowds on the weekend.

Hahah duh! My bad

I'm considering braving the park on Saturday for hopefully a quick morning circuit, X2->Tatsu->Apoc->Riddler->Scream->Goliath->Colossus->bugs world. Am I crazy to think I'll be able to do this in a reasonable amount of time? I was thinking if we get there before opening, use the discover line and my wife and little one head off to RRE I can get in some rides before the park is crowded.

I'm considering braving the park on Saturday for hopefully a quick morning circuit, X2->Tatsu->Apoc->Riddler->Scream->Goliath->Colossus->bugs world. Am I crazy to think I'll be able to do this in a reasonable amount of time? I was thinking if we get there before opening, use the discover line and my wife and little one head off to RRE I can get in some rides before the park is crowded.

FYI, I don't think RRE will be opening with the park on Saturday.

Does anyone know if they are planning on changing the new Road Runner cars or just repainting them. They have the shoe design on them ...

Yeah, it's strange that they didn't change the color scheme after they changed the name and theme of the ride. But if they were going to change that, I'm assuming that they would have done it in a much earlier stage.

Does anyone know if they are planning on changing the new Road Runner cars or just repainting them. They have the shoe design on them ...

Yeah, it's strange that they didn't change the color scheme after they changed the name and theme of the ride. But if they were going to change that, I'm assuming that they would have done it in a much earlier stage.

According to the picture on SFMM's home page, they have changed the colors of the train and the supports to tan. (On the left it's the second bullet down).

www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/index.aspx