TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^^ SFMM is used to some rain, so the rides don't shut down in a drizzle. I have even been on Colossus when it's hailing, pouring, and 50 Degrees outside (Hurt like hell, BTW)! That was only when it started pouring DURING the ride. Normally, almost all of the rides shut down when it's pouring.

Be careful though, especially if you're driving from far away, as SFMM has been closing quite easily now with rain forecasted on days when they're not expecting large crowds.

That is very disconcerting to hear. I may switch my trip to Thursday when it is dry because I don't want to drive 3 1/2 hours in rush hour traffic (in the rain too) from the San Diego area just to find out the park is closed. Better to be safe than sorry. I also want to ride Superman: Escape From Krypton, which apparently is closed at any sign of rain.

Be careful though, especially if you're driving from far away, as SFMM has been closing quite easily now with rain forecasted on days when they're not expecting large crowds.

That is very disconcerting to hear. I may switch my trip to Thursday when it is dry because I don't want to drive 3 1/2 hours in rush hour traffic (in the rain too) from the San Diego area just to find out the park is closed. Better to be safe than sorry. I also want to ride Superman: Escape From Krypton, which apparently is closed at any sign of rain.

It will close if there is water on the track since most of the track is completely horizontal. They would have to wait for it to dry. They don't seem to have any particular policy for this ride in the rain. In all likelihood, it will be open.

Easy, just run across the street, buy a bb gun pistol, punch Mr. Six, and shoot a maintanence worker in the rear end. Have fun riding all the rides by yourself....LMAO JK, Vacation was on earlier.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Collusus's trains. Though I only been on it maybe 4 times, about twice per side.

Anyways, with a plan to go to SFMM with 4 VIP tickets coming up in a few months. Does anyone have suggestions on how to spend the day or preferably have any experience with them?

Coming back to the station and moving to a horizontal position, you'd still get pelted by rain in your face at 100mph. I can see them having this kind of policy stay.

I like your story Takedown! I wish I could go out to a major park one day and marathon major coasters. Though you didn't do that, you still got better wait's than the times I've been to SFMM (Tatsu: 2 hours, Apoc: 1 hour, X2: 2 hours...).

Here's the video. So 13 or 14 days after Vertical construction of the track and supports started, SFMM has finished initial trackwork on this coaster. 2 weeks? Not bad, SFMM!

EDIT: More pictures posted on Facebook

1547714658_sixflagsgreen.jpg.0c01a519ed99ef4b3edd4960a0f84ca4.jpg

1897181503_SFMMgreen.jpg.7bc043536e03aa5845c78d66c77d0a16.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

FYI, I've been hearing June 16 Media Day with a public opening Friday or Saturday June 17/18. Plan your visit accordingly!

Darn, if those happen to be the dates then it looks like I will miss it by five days when I am in so-cal in early june. Then again I will be down there again in late August. But anyway, I wonder if a season passholder preview would be too much to ask for.

This ride went up fast! I've always thought this looked like a cool ride, but after seeing pictures I really want to try it. June 17th is the day the movie comes out, so I'm guessing that will be the day the ride opens as well. I'll be going the last week of June to ride this and Road Runner Express. I was going to go in early June, but due to the delay that wouldn't work so well.

Never having ridden one of these coasters and hearing about how the capacity will be on it, I have a question...I know there will be several cars, but is there only one car sent out at a time? or does the coaster have the ability to have several cars in motion on the track at any given time?

Never having ridden one of these coasters and hearing about how the capacity will be on it, I have a question...I know there will be several cars, but is there only one car sent out at a time? or does the coaster have the ability to have several cars in motion on the track at any given time?

My understanding of the larger versions of this ride (like this one) is it is blocked and I believe there might also be a MCBR, I think on the 3rd level from the top where the car rides on top of the track, there is a straight section that looks to contain emergency/block/trim brakes. Never ridden one just going from the pics and video I've seen. If they can run multiple cars on it then it has to be blocked somehow.