TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I doubt if something was missing that it would be track, probably something much smaller. Damn those pictures look great dont they? The green track looks so much better up in the air than laying in the dirt behind Termisalvation...

It looks great, although the OCD within me dislikes that it's right up against a coaster with a similar color scheme. I suppose in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal. I hope we see more of these in the U.S.

I'm with you on all of your points, haha.

I'm wondering where the queue for the ride will be set up. Behind the ride?

I'm guessing it'll be set up with the line heading out towards Batman's first loop and Zero-G-Roll. There seems to be next to no room towards Tidal Wave, if my memory serves me correctly from WCB.

Yeah, last time I was at the park and taking pictures near Tidal Wave, I tried to see if they were trying to/if there was any way they could connect Riddler/Batman through a path back there. It doesn't look like there is a way with Tidal Wave right there. I know they are keeping the facade from the old dance club/slaughterhouse so that may still have part of the queue. But I'm sure the entrance will be where the old statue was in Gotham.

Picture below of where I think it is with maybe a sign where the statue used to be.

GL.jpg.d87e1546c23f8254a75205cc4f87735e.jpg

GL is looking good from the most recent pictures. I am sure by Monday all the track should be completed, should be interesting. I think the queue may go right to left, beginning where the fake building facade is located, go directly behind GL, and clearly head to the left of GL, near Batman: The Ride, and head toward the station. I know they will need a lot of room for the queue, since the day it opens, it will be crowded, unless they use some of Batman: The Ride's queue for GL on a temporary basis, since that ride's queue isn't all that packed. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I am excited to ride this myself in June. Keep the pictures coming, and it's great that the official facebook page added a couple, and that video..very nice. That entire backlot will look so different once it opens, so many changes aplenty I am sure.

Tim

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see Rocky Mt. redoing Colossus. I'm sure they could, and it would be awesome, but the Tx Giant structure gave them more freedom to expand the layout. Colossus, on the other hand has a standard layout that would be more difficult to expand with the crazy overbanks and airtime hills that NTAG (did I get the acronym right?) has. That's just my opinion. Who knows? Maybe they'll surprise me.

My Interpreted design where I am thinking the GL queue might be integrated around the new ride. You enter from the right, the queue wraps behind GL and heads straight to the station, which I am assuming going up stairs. I could be wrong, but I believe that small structure in the corner nearest to the Batman: The Ride queue will be the Photo Pick-Up Station or Lockers. It's my guess. We'll see if I am correct with what I designed below for the GL queue. What does everybody think?

Tim

789691349_SFMM_GreenLanternQueueArea.jpg.9d3e8a44be473b2a56fc9eb1edcd30f1.jpg

Edited by CloneCaptain38

Does anybody have any of the old Magic Mountain souvenir maps dated earlier than 1982? Not the free ones given when you enter the parks, but the one's you buy. I have many from when Shockwave existed, and through early 90's. I was very young, but for some reason I recall the artwork on those older maps being so much better, and I would love to see a picture of one again (by camera obviously, they're took big to scan).

Looking ahead, lets hope that for NEXT year, SFMM goes ahead with the Screamscape rumored transformation of Colossus!

I kinda disagree actually, I think the ride is fine as it is.

If anything, GhostRider or Grizzly at CGA need the Texas Giant treatment more than Colossus right now :/

GhostRider just needs the topper track to replace the pull outs on the ride. It does not need a drastic re profile like the Giant. Colossus on the other hand could use a drastic change. The ride is just flat out boring and a waste of time and space.

Hopefully the rumors are true about Colossus and Six Flags breathing life into another old attraction.