TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Gertrude found that nice open piece of land to go to the bathroom on, and right when she was about to go you popped out with the camera and messed it all up!

Ha ha ha, Yeah as Gertrude is keep biting me with my legs because Gertrude don't want me to go on ride Green Lantern.

Take a look.....

ColinP30.jpg.366b2ef99fd1dd156b3240304a1109c5.jpg

Ouch!

^ well who's fault would it be?

I mean yeah a container could of feel off the boat lol or left or lost on the dock, or maybe sent to the wrong destination but these all seam highly unlikely.

Yet if there's is truth to the comment posted that the parts have been Manufactured and shipped that seams like a complete screw up on Intamin part imo.

Sarcastic? Well okay.

^ well who's fault would it be?

I mean yeah a container could of feel off the boat lol or left or lost on the dock, or maybe sent to the wrong destination but these all seam highly unlikely.

Yet if there's is truth to the comment posted that the parts have been Manufactured and shipped that seams like a complete screw up on Intamin part imo.

Sarcastic? Well okay.

Dude give it a rest

Thanks for that update Top Thrill Dragster

Six Flags is on a great roll!

They are opening new and without doubt 'amazing' attractions.

Plus, the reissued stock has doubled in price! (which is a great achievement), and now they have announced a stock split. (Which is a positive sign for any company)

Good for them! They are progressing from bankruptcy in the best way possible.

^ It was part of the queue for Sierra Falls ... but wasn't really used after the first couple years the ride was open.

Don't recall if it was used for something prior to that or if it was built for that. Anybody else? That area prior to HH was one of the entrances to Mystic Lake so I don't know if it was used for something around the entrance there.

They still did the Twicket thing as soon as about 5 years ago. I think it was up to $7 to come back the next day.

BTW, the shoe coaster still looks so weird. I wish they would have just kept the theme if they weren't going to change it for the new theme.

^I have to agree...and as for that structure, I had only been on that platform once, and it was obviously a queue for something, though I didnt think it was for Sierra Falls, since it wasnt directly attached to it, or I dont remember there being a continuation of the queue on over to Sierra Falls...I just dont remember...but was always curious...

I remember hearing that structure was used for the old train station that used to circle the area that I believe is now occupied by Goliath. Just a guess though. Is the petting zoo barn still there?

You're right, I checked the 1980 map and it was the station for the "Train to Trollywood" ride that used to be where Goliath stands now. It sat empty for awhile and later became of the overflow queue in 1993 for "Sierra Falls" but was rarely used as the ride got older and the line never really gone past the stairs.

151878029_Map-1980-2.thumb.jpg.349f57234fa37eafd73994664d32c5c9.jpg

Six Flags Magic Mountain - 1980 Map

^^^ A dollar to come back another day? Am I reading that right?

When did season passes first appear at SFMM?

Staying on topic, Green Lantern looks great! Colors work really well!

Like SirClinks said, it was the "Twicket"

They were hugely popular and ranged in $ amount and days limit to come back within based on the time of the year and how busy the park was. For the most part they were usually $1 and you had to come back the next day. I used to be a supervisor for that area and remember spending hours after the park closed to filter everyone through the line, it was insanely popular as you can imagine it was a great value. They also sold season passes at that time but they were much more costlier than the "Buy a day-get a year free" they do now. I remember the Twicket started out as you had to sign one side of the Twicket the day you were there and get it stamped when you paid and then you had to sign the back when you returned and the gate attendant would just match the signatures. In the late 90s, they went to taking the guest's picture and printing it on the Twicket to avoid people giving it to their friends and having them learn how to sign their signature.

Good ole' days...

^^ I can remember waiting in that Twicket line with friends, it was crazy (I always had a SP).

The Season Passes back in the day were more than the "Buy a Day" but the value was great. If I remember correctly with the coupon books you used to get 2-4 "Free friends" (good any day), a couple of free parking and other really awesome coupons. With the current coupon books, I don't think we've used any of them in a couple of years.

Train to Trollywood, that's right. I was like 5 or 6 last time I rode it, and obviously wasn't paying that close attention to the station. LOL!

I do remember the entrance to Sierra Falls always using that area, then going through the queue on the left side of the ride. If I'm remembering correctly, in the last years of the ride being open, they didn't make you enter through that part of the queue.