TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Injury You've Had?

EuroTre

Once, I went swimming the day after the 4th of July at the neighborhood pool. The day of, there was a lot of Klassy people drinking, and playing loud music. I went back the next day, and some Klassy person left her earring in the pool with the sharp end up. The Earring went into my foot, and the lifeguard had to get it out. It was gushing blood. I hate Klassy people with a passion.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stepped on a rockfish (the non-poisonous kind) and still have a few scars on the bottom of my foot that used to be holes about a half inch deep. Also I've had two really close calls with a scalpel, once I almost dropped one blade first into my foot and then almost had one roll off a workbench into my thigh.

Worst injury: playing "bouncey bouncey" on the bed when my sister jumped into me and knocked me off. I landed on something and busted my collar bone. I was probably 2 or 3 and I remember landing face first. The doctors had a tough time getting me to keep that sling on me and eventually had to put a special one on that I couldn't remove faster than they put on me.

And, I remember running out the front door, missing my footing coming down the steps and taking flight right into the new fence my parents were putting up. I guess you can say they did a great job as the fence held up. Too bad I broke my nose in the process.

Most recent injury, though not by any means anything serious, this sucker hurt:

I've stepped on a rockfish (the non-poisonous kind)...

I did that in Tahiti when I was about 9...except it was a venomous one. I barely touched it though, so it wasn't anything too serious...still hurt like hell.

One other animal story I remember was that my family and I were with this safari group in South Africa, and a woman we were with got attacked by a ~12 foot rock python. It was gushing really bad afterward.

Around the age of 6 I got hit in the face by a shovel right below the left eye. No serious damage, just needed a few stitches, but damn close to taking my eye out.

When I was 10 I ran out in front of a truck. Fortunately it wasnt travelling very fast, but it still sent me flying. I broke my left wrist and got a cut in my forehead from the initial impact, and I also had to get stitches in the back of my head from hitting the asphalt. In addition I got a concussion and my back was all scrated up. To look on the bright side I spent a week home from school and I have never gotten so much candy in my entire life.

Around the age of 16 my jaw got dislocated during a visit to the dentist. Funny thing was that I did not feel it happen, but when the dentist was finished I could not close my mouth. It didnt hurt at all, but it was very unpleasant and scary feeling. And he had a heck of time trying to get in back in place. Didnt open my mouth for the rest of the day. The dentist was "famous" for being rough by lots of people in my local area. To put it simple, I never went back.

As an adult I have never experienced anything which I would call an injury...

• 1 month later...
I'm pretty sure my worst actually resulted from riding Son of Beast. Other than that, I messed up my foot once in karate by accidentally kicking someone's kneecap. They were fine, but my foot hurt like hell.

A friend of mine broke his foot and had surgery because he did that.

When I was 11 I ran in to an air conditioning unit on a portable classroom while trying to retrieve a football my friend threw to me.Modular_building_sales_office_building_2.jpg.32a2fc4ca2f4feebda896e00d4402c87.jpg

The building wasn't elevated it was low to the ground.

I ran in to the AC Unit so hard that I ended up getting a helicopter ride to the hospital where I found out I got a Concussion and fractured my skull (Forehead). He threw the football near the AC Unit while I was running toward it trying to catch it. I didn't have to go to school the rest of that year (There was only a month left of school so no biggie.)

I've gotten off pretty lucky. My worst was when I was 5, I fell off my bunk bed and broke my collarbone. Of course it was the BOTTOM bunk so that makes it a lot more embarrassing. I can still feel where a chunk of my bone is missing.

quite a few actually, broke both color bones when I rolled the quad down the hill. broke all five if my toes because I though it would be funny to let my friend run over my foot in his truck., more like shattered them. Broke my middle and index finger, I was working on a car and my idiot friend started the car while my hand was down there, my fingers got pulled through the cerpintean belt and power steering pump.

I have cracked my head 3 times, fractured my skull when I was about 3 or 4 years old. Around 15 I ended up getting a road burn from my back to my waist from roller blading down hill. Have sprained my knees from bike riding. Minor injuries but for me it was pretty bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the tip of my finger cut off in a door when I was 8 and the tip had to be sewed back on.

Around the same age, we had a family vacation to Disney World. While waiting to exit Big Thunder Mountain, I decided to go to the car in front of me and exit through that one, as it seemed empty and my sister next to me was taking too long for my liking. The only problem was that I did not realize that the cars were spaced apart (hey, it was really dark in the ride load out area for an 8 year old! ). So instead of walking through a car in front of me, I walked between the cars and fell onto the track! I still have a scar under my arm and my knee from cuts that I got, but luckily those were the only injuries from being a stupid, unobservant kid. When I go on that ride now, I don't know how I managed to miss that the cars had space in between them.

The most annoying injury happened last year, when I tripped over one of my cat's toys and fractured a tiny bone in my foot. They could barely see the fracture on the xray, but I still have a bump on my foot that's not supposed to be there. And if I'm on my feet for a long time, my foot will really hurt. For such a minor injury, it's still giving me a lot of trouble and pain.

• 10 months later...

When I was 12 years old I fell over the handle bars of my bike. I broke both arms. Two bones in the left and one in the right. I was lucky that the casts they put on only went up to my elbow.

Well, last year I was at a physical education lesson playing handball and, suddenly, an adversary of mine grabbed the ball and started running towards the goal (and there was no one there apart from the goalkeeper) so ran after him and right before he threw the ball I jumped in order to stop him and he hit me with his knee on my lap quite hardly. Most doctors said it was no big deal and, as I was young, it would be okay. In fact, it wasn't okay and a couple of weeks later I went to another one just to find out that my quadriceps had a 4 inch long injury. Basically, it took me three months to get back to sport and more than six to recover completely (with the help of physiotherapy, of course).

• 1 month later...

My biggest question after reading all of these crazy posts is.... Why thehell are there so many football players on this site?.... Seriously, it's a website dedicated to ride/coaster nerds.... Nerds & football, @ least from what I know, don't go together.

Guess it proves that we're really not all that bad if like half of us on here have made some kind of sports team... including myself (not football)

^I dunno, but I never even touched the tip of the iceberg with my athletic abilities. I found out later in college I was a great athlete. I swam and did lots of other stuff, but if I could go back I'd probably go for football, or even better, hockey. Guess I was too busy being a coaster nerd!

It may have something to do with the thrill of the sport - and how that relates to the thrill of coasters.