TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Injury You've Had?

EuroTre

Well, the worst injury I have ever had was when I in 5th grade. Me being stupid, I really had to piss, but held it in for no reason. When I couldn't take it any longer, I sprinted to the bathroom. I tripped on the step leading up to the bathroom, and smashed my forhead on the edge of my sink. I had to get 11 stitches, and the small dent that it left on my head is still there.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...

Couple of weeks ago the tree in our backyard blew over. I was cutting up the limbs with a handsaw but the saw kept getting stuck. Being a little annoyed I pushed with all my might, the saw popped out of the cut and ran straight into my hand.

Required a decent number of stitches, so nothing major. However, having my hand shredded is easily the most painful thing that's ever happened to me. In addition, waiting in the emergency room was so excruciating I didn't know if I was going to be able to stand the pain another second.

I've managed to get two concussions this past year!

Also last year, I was late for soccer practice which I really didn't want to go to, my mom was in the car honking the horn to get me out of the house. As I was rushing to get my stuff together, I slipped backwards and hit the back of my head on a corner of a chair's footstool. I walked outside to my mom and casually said "Um my head is bleeding." Half a roll of papertowels later I was at Patient First and got stitches and some of my hair cut off!

I've never broken a bone or gotten stitches, but I have two quick stories.

When I was little, my sister and I were playing around by the lake in our backyard. We had an old dock that we used to have in the water, but it had been taken out many years prior and was just sitting around in our yard. My sister and I decided it would be fun to jump up and down on top of the dock. Cue the swarm of angry bees...

A couple months ago, I was going home from school. As I was at the top of the stairs to the subway, I hear a train coming. Assuming it was my train, I began to run down the stairs to try and catch it. Well, I missed a step and sprained my angle while my dignity tumbled down the steps faster than I did.

Nothing cringe worthy, but those are my moments of stupidity for your entertainment

My worst injury was dropping into a half-pipe snowboarding I went up and tried a trick I shouldn't be trying (I blame Shaun White) and slammed the back of my head on the deck of the pipe needless to say my helmet cracked and my binding on my right foot somehow gave way and I broke my ankle. In the end a broken right ankle, concussion and fractured wrist. Made for an awesome video especially watching my goggles go flying.

-Cookie "The Concussion King" Iorio

I was run over by a taxi on my way home after school when I was 14/15 years old.

Tore most of the ligements and tendons in my left foot and it will never fully heal properly. I have issues with it sometimes like not ebing able to stand/walk for a long period of time.

Ah well, it could have been worse!

Ive not had "incredibly bad" injuries... but a series of unfortunate instances...

was hit by 2 different cars in the space of 6 days in 2006

was hit on the back of the head by a bus mirror as it sped past me in 2006

had my hand crushed by a waste skip, no long term damage... but did tear the skin up. thats in 2005.

fell over in a room in my house and had screw embedded behind my knee cap.

disclocated shoulder.

dislocated ankle.

broken collar bone.

fell off BMX bike going down a steep concrete road at over 40mph... scraped me up pretty bad.

i say not "incredibly bad" because im not disabled in anyway after any of these... for that i count myself lucky

I was run over by a taxi on my way home after school when I was 14/15 years old.

Tore most of the ligements and tendons in my left foot and it will never fully heal properly. I have issues with it sometimes like not ebing able to stand/walk for a long period of time.

-Wow, that sucks! Taxi drivers can be crazy!

As for me, I once broke my pinky during an intense game of pillow fight.

-Wow, that sucks! Taxi drivers can be crazy!

As for me, I once broke my pinky during an intense game of pillow fight.

You're kidding right? You broke your pinky during a pillow fight? That's HILARIOUS

Aww, hope it didn't hurt too much

^^^ That's the same thing the doctors asked me when I came into the emergency room! Unfortunately, I am not kidding LOL. Breaking it was more annoying then painful, I had to hire a lackey to write for me in school. Luckily it wasn't during coaster season, so I didn't miss out on any parks!

Let's see: Well pain speaking getting shot with a .22 after trying to play woodsball paintball druring open hunting season wearing Ghillie suits... WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA THAT WAS.

But I think my worst injury was either when i cracked my head open playing indoor paintball, or rupturing some stuff in my neck and breaking both wrists playing paintball 10 months later.

Oh and about breaking pinkies in pillow fights

I went to a Float Face Down/DeadGirls Concert and there was a hardcore pillowfight. People broke noses. It was sick.

Let's see: Well pain speaking getting shot with a .22 after trying to play woodsball paintball druring open hunting season wearing Ghillie suits... WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA THAT WAS.

But I think my worst injury was either when i cracked my head open playing indoor paintball, or rupturing some stuff in my neck and breaking both wrists playing paintball 10 months later.

Oh and about breaking pinkies in pillow fights

I went to a Float Face Down/DeadGirls Concert and there was a hardcore pillowfight. People broke noses. It was sick.

1. Awesome you play paintball, woodsball is my favorite

2. My worst injury is actually that won't go away without PT constantly which i don't have the money for. I have acute rotator cuff tendonitis in my left shoulder from playing ice hockey. A guy checked me about 3 feet away from the boards and I went in at a weird angle and my shoulder became the pivot point so all the force went there.

3. Along with that I have messed up my back and knees also from ice hockey.

• 8 months later...

^Same, never broken a bone 'cause I love milk and calcium.

Here are some of the injuries I remember:

Sliced my hand open with a clay knife

Split my head open on a metal railing

Sprained my ankles playing football leaving me with WAS (Weak Ankle Syndrome)

Scraped the whole right side of my face on the pavement

Pulled my groin muscles

12 hours a day in front of an electrical appliance for 3 years has left me with -4 eyesight .

But probably the worst injury was when I contracted the Norovirus and now the smallest of colds can keep me out of college for a week .

Here is the list of worst injuries I have had,

1 Head through the windshield in July of 1997 22 stitches down my nose but nose never broke.

2 6 inch gash down my left side of my stomach from Yard truck slipped on wet stair.

3 Severely sprained my left ankle doctors said any more it would have broke.

4 2 inch cut on my left hand just above my index finger could see the bone.

5 Left knee goes out of place randomly.

Think that is it