TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Log Flume

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to go with many others and say Raging Thunder @ Americana. I don't know if the canyons were overflowing, or what, but everytime we rode that thing I swear it took 48-hours to completely get dry!

More recently, I would have to say the carnival-style flume at Virginia Beach Amusement Park. My wife, daughter, and I rode it about two years back, and we were totally drenched. These are the flumes that have the water shields on the sides of the troths, and the water was just re-directed right at us. But it was hot that night, so it felt great.

My favorite flume is of course Splash Mountain at WDW. My second favorite is one that hasn't been mentionned here: Menhir Express at Parc Asterix.

Its an Hopskin flume with an in the dark "dry coaster hill" and the bottom part has more rapids than the park rapids ride! The last hill is awesome as well.

Gotta be Splash Mountain @ Magic Kingdom for me... nothing else comes close!

Although, the Flume at Alton Towers should get an honourable mention for that bloody come-out-of-nowhere duck! Right Chris, Lou, Jeff and Clint...?

QUACK!

My favorite log flume is the Paul Bunyan's Log Chute ride at the Park at MOA. It's a nice long ride, and it gives airtime.

Long - Definitely

Airtime - EJECTOR!

^

I remember the first time riding it. I thought I was gonna fly out of the log on the last drop.

Loggers Leap at Thorpe Park gets my vote. I’ve been riding it since the early 90’s and it still hasn’t lost any of its charm or fun factor. The two drops are great, the first is in the dark, and the second is an airtime filled double drop.

I can see why the late Princess Diana enjoyed taking Wills and Harry on it so much back in the day. It’s a classic ride which will hopefully be with us for many years to come (and not given a Cusson's 're-hash' in the process).

Characteristics of a log flume? Ummm let's see...

1) Uses a conveyor belt lift to propel cars to the top of the circuit, usually more than one lift.

2) Uses a narrow log or "jetstream boat" that typically seats riders in a single row.

3) Floats on a water-filled trough but has contact wheels to coast down drops and splash into the water safely.

Characteristics of a log flume? Ummm let's see...

1) Uses a conveyor belt lift to propel cars to the top of the circuit, usually more than one lift.

2) Uses a narrow log or "jetstream boat" that typically seats riders in a single row.

3) Floats on a water-filled trough but has contact wheels to coast down drops and splash into the water safely.

And 4) No restants. all you have is a ting seat to lean on to. But you can hold on to the sides. I think splash mountains have lapbars, but that's what I've heard.