TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Log Flume

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now, I'm going to say Splash Mountain at WDW. However, if you're going by what gets you drenched the most, then Tidal Force at Hershey would take the cake, but I don't think that's considered a log flume. Also, while I don't think it's really a traditional log flume by any means, Pompeii is probably my runner up when it comes to this category of ride.

The well themed flumes are walking away with my top 4 spots and I'm really looking forward to Chiapas later this year.

1) Splash Mountain (Florida)

2) Splash Mountain (California)

3) Dudley DoRight Ripsaw Falls

4) Timber Mountain Log Ride (Knott's)

Knoebels, Canobie, Santa's Village, Seabreeze, and Kennywood all have some of my favorite traditional flumes.

How would people feel about adding soap to a log flume? The ride ops at Six Flags Great Adventure used to do this at the end of the first couple of seasons. I'd ride it!

I'd ride it, but I wonder how much of a pain in the ass it was to clean up after all the bubbles?? I mean, soap scum on EVERYTHING!!!

Hard to choose a favorite, but honestly - Any of the "classic" style ones where the trough is largely embedded in the ground, and winds through a natural, scenic environment.

Ever since Valleyfair's was removed I've missed that kind of ride. However, I still have a great appreciation for more modern flumes. Its one of my favorite ride types in general and one of the things I feel no park is truly complete without.

• 1 month later...

A very underrated log flume (possibly because many have never been on it) would have to be the log flume at Seabreeze in Rochester, NY. I consider Seabreeze about as close to a real hometown amusement park as I can get and I've been on it multiple times over the years and while not the longest or biggest that final drop is amazing and so steep. Best I have ever been on. I also believe at one point (and still might be) it had the steepest drop of any log flume.

1. Why was this thread not started by Coasterbill? No disrespect to the original poster, but this kinda goes against the laws of the universe.

2. Why are there not more posts by Coasterbill in this thread? Again, no disrespect to any of you fine other boarders, but I figured I'd find more of our fancy fellow friend Bill in a fantastic thread firmly focused on favorite flumes.

Wiki Splash!! That ride was great. Like a well themed and better reincarnation of Loggers Leap.

Where is this wiki splash log flume? I just googled it and nothing comes up..?

Found it

Thank you - looks quite cool. I love how hes posted again and changed it to Chiapas now

• 1 month later...

Timber Mountain Log Ride is the original and still the best. The theme fits too as hanging flumes were actually a real thing at one point and logs actually would go up conveyor belts and careen down slides.

Splash Mountain is cheap ripoff! I still like it though. Second best.