TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Log Flume

I haven't been on that many flumes. But my favorite ones I've been on are Splash Mountain, Le Scoot, and Coal Cracker. The ones at Knoebels and Lake Compounce look really nice, but I haven't been on those yet despite visiting both of those parks twice last season. I'm probably going back to both of those parks this year, so I'll definitely have to try them out.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The log flume at California's Great America doesn't even try. It seems like it was plopped down, and the foliage around the turn towards the water park aren't even maintained. That being said, it goes fast around the turns, and every little dip or curve, a nice plop of water goes into your lap.

^You just reminded me of a funny story involving The Shenandoah Lumber Company at Kings Dominion.

A few years ago, when Kings Dominion was still known as Paramount's Kings Dominion, they opened the park up for an extra weekend in November to celebrate a record-breaking season. The Log Flume was the only water ride running despite the chilly, cloudy day. The lines were light, but they was a longer than usual waiting time because they were only running a few logs. Nevertheless, I got on and after going down the first hill, a wave of water splashed on me. That was usual; that much water isn't suppose to enter the log. On the last hill, the granddaddy of all water splashes got me, thus leaving the log soaking wet. "What did they do to the log flume?" I asked another rider. "I'm all soaking wet". The other rider shrugged and replied: "I guess they added more water!" Mind you this was on a chilly, cloudy day . . .

The following season, on a hot spring day, I got back on the log flume and didn't get wet like I did last time. I'm not an expert on log flumes ( I just ride them ), but did this log flume have some type of attachment that prevents huge splashes of water from attacking the riders, but was removed on that November day and replaced the following spring? Or was I just unlucky? Or did the log flume "add more water"?

"He, he, ha! I guess they'll never find out! Hope you can handle the cold water!"

I stand by my comments. There's no such thing as a bad flume. There are tons of good flumes on flat ground, especially if they go back into the woods. Those are the best.

But flat flumes are slow. You think slow is fun? Okay. Whatever floats your boat, er log. BWhaaaaa!!!!!

No seriously, if you like flat flumes then cool. I don't, but this is America.

looks can be deceiving.

I enjoy all log flumes, they're fun rides. They're always relaxing with a hint of thrill, and they usually make people smile. Everytime I ride one, i see smiles on every rider.

My favourite flume would probably be Dudley, but traditionally; I adore Dorney's flume. Never rode so I can't really say I like it, but the POVs make it look really unique. Out of the one's I rode, I think King's Dominion has a real nice one. Also Busch Gardens Tampa has a nice log flume as well.

The obvious answer would be both of the Splash Mountains. However, those seem to be too obvious of choices, because...come on. It's Splash Mountain. It's way too easy to pick Splash Mountain as my favorite log flume. So I'm gonna shed some light on my favorite log flume that isn't one of the Splash Mountains.

Log Chute @ Nickelodeon Universe. It's just a ton of fun, and I love the theming. Very fun ride. Close 2nd (4th) would be Timber Mtn Log Ride (SIT DOWN!!!) @ Knotts.

The obvious answer would be both of the Splash Mountains. However, those seem to be too obvious of choices, because...come on. It's Splash Mountain. It's way too easy to pick Splash Mountain as my favorite log flume. So I'm gonna shed some light on my favorite log flume that isn't one of the Splash Mountains.

Log Chute @ Nickelodeon Universe. It's just a ton of fun, and I love the theming. Very fun ride. Close 2nd (4th) would be Timber Mtn Log Ride (SIT DOWN!!!) @ Knotts.

I disagree that Splash Mountain is the obvious answer. SM are primarily a dark ride, in my opinion. The flume aspect is almost secondary, merely acting as the ride vehicle. I think Timber Mountain rivals SM as the obvious answer.

There's no such thing as a bad Log Flume.

Flat log flumes are dank. Build it inside a mountain structure or on a real hillside, but not on flat ground.

"dank"

dank- adjective: wet and cold in a way that is unpleasant. If I'm going to be wet and cold on a log flume I'd rather it be fun. Flat ground is unpleasant.

But urban dictionary says "an expression requently used by stoners and hippies for something of high quality"