TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Overlooked Parks

Yes, the 2007 coaster is bieing teased into the newspapers, and while no concrete facts are bieing disclosed, we have been tortured to only live with the statement, "It will be like nothing we have ever had before,"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we get back to the topic of Lagoon??? I happen to be a very devout Mormon, (and a good friend of Robb's---so watch what you say) and I'm finding most of the comments on Mormons here utterly ridiculous---so let's just stop now. Thank You.

Lagoon is a really good park with lots of potential. I am really interested to know what their 2007 is going to be. I am hoping for another Euro Fighter since they do look awesome, and it is the kind of steel coaster Lagoon would install in their park, and they said the 2007 coaster would be the largest in the park. The Spider was a great choice for a steel and a blast to ride. And with installing several newer flat rides Lagoon does seem on track to becoming one of the better parks in the country. It does have a way to go though. A Gravity Group woodie may just solve the problem however.

FredofLV (yes, that's LV as in Las Vegas---which is home to a lot of Mormons)

You really don't know that much about the project then. Let me enlighten you.

1. It's a steel coaster being built by Zierer

2. Launched (Rumored)

3. Inversions (2+ barrel/heartline rolls confirmed by Lagoon)

4. 110 feet

5. Coaster was designed from an ex-employee of Arrow Dynamics of Utah, but now works for Lagoon.

6. Local steel companies will be making track/supports, etc.

7. 150 by 400 feet. With it that compact, pretty sure its a launch.

There is no hell...

Only Utah...

No I think that's Kansas, I had to drive through it a few weeks ago, what a boring state.

I'll take a dry climate with mountains like Utah over anything.

But Lagoon, ah yes, the mystery coaster. We'll see how this turns out, not that I really care that much as I'll be gone next year, but whatever.

Could we get back to the topic of Lagoon??? I happen to be a very devout Mormon, (and a good friend of Robb's---so watch what you say) and I'm finding most of the comments on Mormons here utterly ridiculous---so let's just stop now. Thank You.

Lagoon is a really good park with lots of potential. I am really interested to know what their 2007 is going to be. I am hoping for another Euro Fighter since they do look awesome, and it is the kind of steel coaster Lagoon would install in their park, and they said the 2007 coaster would be the largest in the park. The Spider was a great choice for a steel and a blast to ride. And with installing several newer flat rides Lagoon does seem on track to becoming one of the better parks in the country. It does have a way to go though. A Gravity Group woodie may just solve the problem however.

FredofLV (yes, that's LV as in Las Vegas---which is home to a lot of Mormons)

You really don't know that much about the project then. Let me enlighten you.

1. It's a steel coaster being built by Zierer

2. Launched (Rumored)

3. Inversions (2+ barrel/heartline rolls confirmed by Lagoon)

4. 110 feet

5. Coaster was designed from an ex-employee of Arrow Dynamics of Utah, but now works for Lagoon.

6. Local steel companies will be making track/supports, etc.

7. 150 by 400 feet. With it that compact, pretty sure its a launch.

I Thank you deeply for the facts, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE NEXT YEAR!!!

As you probably know, for the past couple of years Lagoon has been trying to refurbish their kiddyland. And who could forget the castastrophy that was Bat... But this new coaster should more than make up for any ill repute.

• 3 weeks later...

xascher if you want info on lagoon and the new 2007 coaster you can find all that you can find on it at www.lagoonisfun.com that should help you out now and in the future.

I am also a Mormon and all the things I get asked are hilarious I got asked once “Where are your wives.” (Mind you I was only 15 at the time.) Another time I was in Washington D. C. visiting some historic sites and when the tour guide asked me where I was from every one in the room quieted down. When I said Utah some one whispered "he doesn’t look like a Mormon". Sorry but Mormons have no special looks. On the caffeine comment we can have it but not in the form of coffee or tea. About the question about our temples. Temples are sacred buildings that are considered to be the houses of the Lord. They are the most sacred structures on the earth. Today the Church builds temples throughout the world.

If you have any further questions about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints visit: www.lds.org

Now lets focus on Lagoon. Lagoon is a very beautiful park that is growing fast and is slowly becoming very well known. I think lagoon has a bright future.

Ah, yes, Lagoons RCDB pictures give no interest to the park. While it may be small, compared to Six Flags MM, It is quite large for it's needs. Also, the park is very well kept, VERY well kept. And you will find that the service there far surpasses most larger theme parks. The park is very familly friendy, then once the clock strikes 6:00, the park almost instantly is raided with teens, and others of the social lot, making the park also a haven for the teen audience. But the park, is SO much more than a permanent fair, first of all, no carniess.

DOWN WITH CARNIES!!!

The park look interesting. I had no idea there was a park with that many rollercoaster in Utah. I see its one of the older parks in the country too. Talk about being over looked. I could see them getting a good sized rollercoaster.

The mormon temple in DC is HUGE, and looks like it would house gold coins

I always thought Enchanted Village will grow and expand to become huge.

Also, Lagoon is going to become huge. They are getting a new coaster for 2007. So, I guess they aren't getting small anytime soon either.

Yes, the 2007 coaster is bieing teased into the newspapers, and while no concrete facts are bieing disclosed, we have been tortured to only live with the statement, "It will be like nothing we have ever had before,"

I would hope so, otherwise they would have two of the same coaster.

Hmm, I have also found on forums, that it will be a vertical drop 'type' coaster, a design by Zerier, or whatever. I have ridden a few launch coasters of the 'compact' type, which the lagoon coaster MAY be, and I've found that if not designed well, can be rather deppressing. Making the focal point of the ride meerly the launch, and not the track it travels on. But looking at peoples speculations of the ride, I doubt that it would be so.

Bat, is a good example of the ride only having one focal point. Bat is inverted, thats about the only feature that makes it fun. And while it is a good 1 time ride, it is rather boring after you realize, "Oh my god, this ride really sucks..."

Yes, every year lagoon adds a new ride to the park and always does some incredible upkeep work. For 2004 they added a interactive fountain along with 2 new kiddie rides in 2005 they added the Bat and redid jet star 2. This Past 3 years have been focused on kiddie land. (2004-2006) The park is well taken care of and as I said before has a pretty bright future. The next years to come are going to be for the thrill riders OH YEAH!

Im going to Lagoon August 6th to 9th with a friend and my mom.

Im really looking forward to the 7 hour drive threw the middle of nowhere. (aka Wyoming)

Man, I can compare. Wyoming and Idaho, the two most BORING states to drive through. (Might as well go to four corners)

^^ i dunno, at least those have some kind of natural scenery. There are some real nice landscapes from both states. (probably different driving through it) Personally, i second the choice of Kansas as hell, and Nominate Iowa as the most boring state to drive though. i got a postcard from a friend of mine when we were in middle school that said "You never realize just how flat Iowa is until you have to drive through it. Miles and Miles of nothing but corn, as far as the eye can see."

BTW, wasn't there actually a coaster based topic to this thread once?

-Falafel

Mormons or overlooked parks?? I would have to say that Idlewild, Lakemont, DelGrossos's (Bland's) would fit this category. They are WELL off the beaten path in rural areas of Pennsylvania and they make great one day trips with the family. Delgrosso's even have free concerts in the summer which draw immense crowds sometimes (check out their website for info). Idlewild is set in the woods and seems so far away from everyday life and the hustle and bustle of the real world, simply wonderful to relieve stress!! Lakemont could use a bit of upkeep and new rides, but with the minimal attendance they have and being closed on Mon and Tues, I guess they really can't afford it. But for coaster and spin and puke addicts, you can't beat the no wait rides they have!!!