TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

The disko is confirmed for next year, 2016. The new coaster is for 2017.

I'm aware of that. But lets face it this wouldn't be the first time a park kind off walked over us like that.

All I'm saying is that I got heard the news as if they're trying to sell this as the a new coaster, of-coarse that could be just be a error form the news feed I got and this where the writer thought this was a new coaster and not a flatride. I'm just wondering if they still plan the coaster for 2017 as there was no talk before over a ride in 2016 and this could be confessed with a coaster easily. So not that after the 2016 season we're all waiting for the announcement of the 2017 coaster and the park is like: "We had one this year (2016), so why another one next year?"

^^ Yes, but it's also a pun, because the true translastion for Sacred Crocodiles would be "Crocos sacrés" (Crocos being the short for Crocodiles). But "sacré xxxx!" is an expression those equivalent could be "xxxx, you so silly!".

Hard to translate, like 90% of Astérix puns..!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

In a survey, the park has unveiled 3 possible new rides for 2017:

Pégase

- possibly a Gerstlauer Family Coaster with a backwards section

- the photo shows

- themed to Pegasus, and located in the Greek area of the park

- station is called "Gare Montparnos"

- during the ride you'll accidentally enter Medusa's Temple... and you'll be launched backwards to escape her curse

parks-view-2.png.4caa2842a859ffda691cf9f88cc46f27.png

Le Vol de Thor

- a B&M Flying Coaster

- themed to Thor, the god of thunder

- located in the Viking area of the park

parks-view.png.070291efade71448d29b20d67e0eaa01.png

Crocos

- the previously announced Zamperla Suspended Windshear

- designed by "Amonbofis" to bring visitors as close as possible to Cleopatra's crocodiles

- water and fire effects, crocodile animatronics

- located in the park's Egypt area

parks-view-3.png.beba74e53a5c5c8b1406321f089c39b0.png

source: Compagnie des Alpes

Edited by BDG

I always think it's a bit weird when parks ask what rides they should build via a survey like this, particularly when they're all such different concepts because the most popular answer might not necessarily be the best option for the park commercially. I'd be happy with any of those choices, though; it would be great to see another B&M, but Firechaser Express looks like such a brilliant little coaster that I wouldn't be upset if they built this. The Windsheer also looks quite fun and very nicely themed. Hopefully they'll build all three

Edited by KarlaKoaster

I always think it's a bit weird when parks ask what rides they should build via a survey like this, particularly when they're all such different concepts because the most popular answer might not necessarily be the best option for the park commercially. I'd be happy with any of those choices, though; it would be great to see another B&M, but Firechaser Express looks like such a brilliant little coaster that I wouldn't be upset if they built this. The Windsheer also looks quite fun and very nicely themed. Hopefully they'll build all three

Just don't let coaster nerds decide which one or there will be so much debate that nothing will ever get built!

I'm more up for Thor with Pégase a close second. Thor just get my edge because it's extremely hard for a European mainlander to ride a flying coaster, I've been trying to schedule a trip to Alton for years but I either have to cancel it or other more easy to get parks make me skip it that year. So a B&M Flying on the mainland would make for a good excuse to get over there.

Pégase (the family Gerstlauer) has already been ordered by the park, so we don't really know why the survey... (internal source)

I think it was the best choice anyway. A B&M flying would be awesome, but Oziris kinda already play in that field, being smooth and aerial.

I would personally prefer the flyer before the family ride because Europe needs another flyer. However the family ride is probably the best choice for the park atm, and it looks pretty god damn awesome!

What i really like about this is that it is three different rides, in three different areas with three different themes, which makes me think we can except all of them to be built in the future.

I really like the theme on the topspin ride!

• 2 months later...

Looks like the park will have a new coaster this year as well.

SOS Numérobis, the park's medium Zierer Tivoli will be replaced by a new coaster...

The park posted a photo on their Facebook-page with the caption "SOS Numérobis is getting back on the right track. Discover the new layout April 2, 2016". Surprised fans quickly asked what the deal was, to which the park responded with "it will be a new installation, with a new layout".

12748091_10156548146600258_1481037779868488562_o.thumb.jpg.7f4f73feec32dca3aaefb5a7e87c25c5.jpg

And the status of the DiskO Coaster construction:

12711159_10156519002505258_5713898168366721155_o.thumb.jpg.e7626f9040ae668983f7dcfc9533a46d.jpg

source: Parc Astérix