TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

OH MY GOD!!!That was an amazing opening for ride

The fireworks most likely are not staying but I wonder if the fountains, fire and that beautiful station lighting will be staying are part of the regular night package, I just can't see them adding all of that for a onetime use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really unexpected because it looks good, rides good, is good..??

Oziris is not as forceful as Katun/Montu/Afterburn (a good point for me, though), but I don't understand where he found the bumpy part.

Does anybody read Robb's review of OzIris on their Facebook page??? Can't believe what I was reading! SERIOUSLY!

Robb : "Gave OzIris another chance in the afternoon, back row. It ran *slightly* faster, but it was so bumpy and shaky, it gave me a headache. Overall, a really boring, disappointing ride. "

Did you read his review of the park as a whole?

Overall had a really nice day at Parc Asterix! The park was insanely packed, but our front of the line pass and early ERT on Oz'Iris helped out! It's a great park with amazing theming - I wish they had slightly better coasters, but what they have seems to resonate well with their audience. A highly recommended stop when in Paris, France!

Everyone has their own opinions! There are obviously a good chunk of people who really like Oz'Iris. There's a difference between "a bad coaster" and "a coaster that you don't like". The big thing about Oz'Iris is that it was really, really hyped (R.D. keeps calling it Montdeux, comparative to Montu), so you'd expect that it's a fantastic ride that everyone will like. That's very, very rarely the case! There are always people who will think it's "just okay" or "not good".

Examples - the Coney Island Cyclone is probably the worst ride I've ever ridden, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. On the other hand, there are a lot of people who really enjoy the Hersheypark Storm Runner, but I don't like it because it's so short.

Like Eric said, the overall opinion on the park was that it was a great place to stop, so that certainly won't stop me from wanting to go there.

It seemed to be the general consensus of the TPR group that the ride was either underwhelming or just okay. A lot of people are acting like Robb punched their puppy just because he didn't like a coaster. Life will go on I promise.

I think people also need to realize that Robb has ridden many of the world's best coasters so him not finding a new B&M inverted coaster that isn't as forceful as say Nemesis or Montu underwhelming isn't exactly surprising. For someone who hasn't ever ridden a B&M inverted coaster it may be the best thing in the world. It's all relative. The ride looks gorgeous and from what I've read is quite a hit at the park which is all that matters. Love it if you love it. It really makes no difference. I had a thing for The Villain in its battered state before it was torn down and didn't care that nobody else shared that opinion. Just ride coaster and have a good time doing so. That's the point of being an enthusiast.

I can't really tell as I only rode Dragon Challenge, but some of us who said Oziris is good also rode all B&M Inverts (even Phaeton). I don't say Robb is wrong, I just don't understand.

I also felt some vibrations in the back row, but most B&Ms have it (Manta, Hulk..). Although it's not bumpy. That's B&M! How can it be bumpy?

^Could be any number of things from the temperature outside, to the wheels needing to be replaced soon, to the ride just having a moody day. Who knows what caused it to be bumpy, but Robb isn't going to just make up a lie about it. That's really the last that needs to be said about the issue.

Edited by ernierocker

Just throwing in my €0.02...

I've ridden just about all the B&Ms (see my previous photo TR), and as most people here will know I'm not afraid to say when a ride is dull, boring, crap, rough, etc.

The day I rode OzIris, at the end of April, I thought it was well up there with the very best rides that B&M have built.

It's interesting that the TPR group found otherwise. I think ernierocker has got it in one; something wasn't right that day. Hopefully the park will figure it out so that their star attraction can can claim the accolades it (IMHO) richly deserves.

Didnt' take part in FB discussion, but read it though. I am not sure what has happened to Oz'Iris either, since it was actually glass smooth in the front AND in the back on opening day. I'm not talking about the lack of intensity, as one shouldn't expect this to be the next Maverick. That being said, as much as I respect any opinion -good or bad- it seems the club really hit the park on a day that was temperamental for rides, because Oz'Iris aside, I was the first to tell how disappoiinted I was of Tonnerre de Zeus last year when I was almost ashamed to introduce it to some US friends, having raved so much about it, (it was REALLY sluggish on that 2011 day) but here again, on opening day this season (2012), it was much much much better (I remember posting about its recovered glory back in April). But the receipe must be: don't believe the hype and go and ride coasters as if you had never heard about them, or you might very often be disappointed, be it by the ride itself or just because you ride it on a bad day. I remember being positively antsy before I boarded SROS (now Bizarro) at SFNE with the club in 2008 (Ernierocker, you were there too on that specific day, I wonder if you felt the same way) and Supe was my biggest letdown on the trip, whereas coasters I had not watched POV of or read about that much ON PURPOSE were actually THE jewels of East Coast 2008 (Boulderdash comes to mind). Same happened with Raven in 2010 (great expectations > letdown) or in the reverse order, with Prowler (didn't expect anything from "just another GCI" > was BLOWN AWAY)