TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see in that POV, but does this coaster have 2 zero-g rolls?

*books Eurostar tickets NOW*

Seriously, this has to be one of the best layouts of an invert ever.

The first "zero G roll" is actually a corkscrew. So strangely, the zero G roll is the final inversion of the ride.

You're right. I wasn't sure if that bizarre inversion was a zero-g or a corkscrew, but while riding it, you doesn't experience zero-g. So it's a corkscrew to me, even if it's not shaped like the regular wing-over, it's a lot more smooth.

EDIT : Here's a second video, with ew offride shots and a backseat POV. The drop is even more amazing from there!

Holy crap, those night shots are gorgeous. This coaster already looked fantastic, but that lighting package with all that theming is seriously immersive. I wish more parks were as particular about their theming as this because it really creates a distinct character for the ride. It's amazing.

It's not the most intense B&M, no. But maybe one of the most interesting! The g+ aren't very high beside Raptor for instance (but still good, don't worry!), but you didn't have any laterals or bad g's! Plus, you have some cool airtime, and the first-drop is amazing in the back seat.

It's a new-school B&M, all in smoothness..

It definitely looks like one of the better newer B&Ms. Some parts looked like they lacked intensity, like the corkscrew, but others looked like they belong on an old B&M. The layout also looked great with an unusual element order, and the theming, while cartoony, looks great.