TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

How about "Mon Cul" (for the French speaking people out there) Mods, feel free to delete this bad taste pun

Aha, good joke!

It looks so good. I was driving on the A1 French Highway when I saw this coaster next to the Highway. It's very huge!

C'mon... is a coaster a rip off of another coaster just because it shares its colour scheme ? The shades of blue / cream are not exactly the same, for a start. Then you'll answer "ok, but it has Egyptian themeing too". I agree BUT wait till you see the final result. THIS Egyptian themeing will be different with lots of allusions to the comic strip Asterix and Cleopatra, with humour touches like an egyptian styled Eiffel Tower... the whole result will be more cartoonesque than the more "realistic" Montu... if we start this way, then Batman the Ride's and ex Top Guns arte rip offs of each other, Green Lantern is a rip off of Riddler, any red Arrow is a rip off of Viper... I also doubt a lot of French are even aware of Montu... would you prefer a Raptor green coaster instead ? Not sure THAT would fit the theme... I mean, look at everything Egypt related and you'll see this scheme is the one that makes more sense...

And the other fact, Europe didn't have a coaster like Montu yet!!

This is going to be one of the best inverts from B&M i hope...

That is what I was thinking. Probably 99% of the people that will be riding this have never seen or rode Montu anyway. It is all new to them.

Two things.

1 - Olivier, come on, it's so obviously the same as Montu!!!

2 - It totally doesn't matter, as others have said. It's a great theme, and hopefully it will be a good ride. Most of the GP doesn't know what Montu is, and the few that have visited Florida and ridden Montu won't even realize or care.

Two things.

1 - Olivier, come on, it's so obviously the same as Montu!!!

2 - It totally doesn't matter, as others have said. It's a great theme, and hopefully it will be a good ride. Most of the GP doesn't know what Montu is, and the few that have visited Florida and ridden Montu won't even realize or care.

I agree it is heavily inspired or maybe copied, Elissa. But seriously, which colour would fit this theme better ? Look at Egyptian iconography and the colours that will come the most are just those. Or maybe turquoise and gold would have been as good to match pharaons treasures, I admit. Lemme explain my thought: If I wanted to theme a coaster on fire or lava or anything really hot, I'd probably paint it in red / orange shades, if I wanted to theme it after a lizard creature, I'd paint it in greenish shades... I'm sure you know Jean Marc (Toussaint). He often works and contributes to Asterix rides' storyboards, and I can promise you you'll find subtle humor touches not found on Montu. on the downside, no crocodiles here. (Elissa, I'm playing devil's advocate a bit too, admitedly), but I think the square where the coaster is will be centered around the "lake" part and the Frengyptian (just invented !) architecture. Be prepared for an AMAZING station building. This combined to the fact that the layout is quite original for a B&M (element order), my point was just that there are enough differences NOT to call it a knock off. In the end I think it will be a very different coaster. I just wish it was AS GOOD, which will be very very difficult, since Montu is so highly rated

• 2 weeks later...