TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

Was watching a POV for Raptor at Cedar Point and noticed something very similar to this coaster...there's a distance of straight track on Raptor right before the cobra roll that is just like the straight track design they used before the immelman on this coaster. I'm probably wrong, but these are the only 2 coasters I can think of that have that straight track right in the middle of a layout.

I know there's a trim brake on this coaster, but there are other coasters where straight track is not necessary to install a trim. Maybe it's just for rider intensity purposes? I think that portion of straight track will always be a mystery.

The Great Bear has four straight sections, and if used right (as in not just long meandering at the end of the ride), they can actually add a lot to the ride experience. The one before the drop really builds up anticipation with the layout in view and the drop looming, while the trench before the immelmann gives a few seconds of claustrophobia. The trench on this invert would give a very similar feeling, and I'm pretty sure it's designed for that.

I think in both cases of Raptor and GB it was a matter of element spacing. Same for this ride. I think too much can be read into it for Raptors case and especially the section between loop and immelman on Great Bear. Its just there to space out the two elements. If you enjoy it, awesome. If not, too bad, lol. I like the exiting from the loop and going to a STRAIGHT section though. I think it looks cool and will ride cool. Going from the straight segment into the immelman will increase the G load making the onset G's more intense into the pull up.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a tight fit. Did anyone run a clearance envelope through that tunnel?

If Leviathan or X-Flight would win the award for "least interesting B&M", this would definitely win the award for "most interesting".

Maybe I should learn French.

LOL! I didn't realize this was getting trenches!?!? It really is a new Montu!!!!

Warning: I'm not responsible for nausea and vomiting as a result of the following pun. Viewer Discretion is advised...

Perhaps it's name will be (WAIT FOR IT...)

MONTDEUX

Mon Dieu!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...