TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

It's about time some park had the balls (and the perfect sue-happy neighbor-less location) to leave the track spines hollow. The roar of that inverted coaster sounds fantastic!

Not only empty / not empty. From what I read, they've been testing with 3 different sorts of wheels (even wheels especially designed for cold temperatures... future winter openings ?) I also read that they have been cycling 3 trains and still have to make them run something like 20 hours before they recheck every joint, connexion and so on.

^^I would assume that the train undergoes constant inspection by B&Ms engineers during it's testing phase. Easier to inspect the wheel bogies without the wheel covers on. Another possibility is that B&M is still trying to fine tune the trains speed by swapping nylon wheels for polyurethane and vice versa to obtain the desired speed.

Just my 2 cents.....

As I wrote above, they've been testing 3 different types of wheels, according to Panoramix, who used to run the website "potionmagix". Seems those are for different weather conditions and have VERY variable prices according to the sort. I read on the same website that the "protocol" for all I know of it, consists of a first batch of 40 hours of continuous cycling for each train. This phase is over. The current test runsare probably more for the track than for the train themselves and after another 20 hours, the whole track / collumns should be reinspected for eventual metal fatique and so on... probably more techncal data in the next couple of days

^^Yes, they swap wheels a lot because the course is supposed to last an exact amount of time, also, the extensive testing lets engineers know how the strain and forces will affect the parts, so the trains are inspected thoroughly many times throughout. They also program the computer so that automatic/manual modes work correctly, move proxys if needed, adjust wheel tolerances, make sure all buttons (there are a lot, especially at each block) work properly in all modes, etc...there's a lot that needs to be done.

^That video was already posted on pg. 30 of this thread.

edit;

It's ok, I just clicked on your video and I recognized it was already posted. Just thought I'd let you know. I do agree, it's a great video!

v

Edited by DougMJr