TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

is this the only B&M invert in the world with a dive loop?

If you do a little research, you find out that it is in fact the only B&M Invert with a dive loop.

True but technically the entrance to the batwing element on Montu & Afterburn would be considered a dive loop wouldn't it?

is this the only B&M invert in the world with a dive loop?

If you do a little research, you find out that it is in fact the only B&M Invert with a dive loop.

True but technically the entrance to the batwing element on Montu & Afterburn would be considered a dive loop wouldn't it?

We've allready been through this on page 18...

^If so, hopefully they design a lot more of their future rides high, because this thing could probably be the best invert to date.

I know it's early to go either way with this comment, but I doubt this will be the best invert. It does have an impressive first half with some tighter curvatures and an unconventional element sequence for an invert, but I don't think the second half was planned out well. The elements seem much more spread out due to the fact that they have to navigate around the station and whatnot. The turn after the Immelman over the entrance to the loop is just as wide if not wider than the turn going into the loop; in terms of surprising riders, I think it would be so much cooler to have the train navigate a similar looking turn and have even more g's the second time around than the first time. Albeit, it does seem like a logical place to give the riders a break in the action, but again I see it more of a killjoy being that the remainder of the ride is more spread out.

Again with the order of elements, the extremely inline wingover following the turn mentioned could be more effective if it switched places with the true zero-g roll. Inverted coaster's corkscrews are much more intense (not necessarily better though) than zero-g rolls for they focus on different sensations. Because these two elements appear so similar on this ride, it would be great to have the less intense one first to surprise riders with the more intense element afterwards. This would also help seeing as both the wingovers and zero-g rolls on the newer inverts twist at slower angular velocities, making them less intense than the older inverts.

The last thing is the helix finale. The helix is definitely not as tight as Phaethon's at the end and is upward. Granted I'm basing the quality on the magnitude of force it produces, and less intense helices like that on Manhattan Express are still very fun as well, but I still see the second half of this ride paling in comparison to the first half in both intensity and excitement. This isn't true with some of the famously great inverts like Raptor, Nemesis, and even B:TR where after their moments of relaxation in the middle (a little later on Nemesis), they ramp up the intensity again and finish strong. And while I don't think a coaster has to be crazy intense in order to be great or even the best of it's category, I am always disappointed to ride a coaster that runs out of steam towards the end (Alpengeist, Great Bear, etc.).

You make some good arguments. I think the only reason Alpengeist runs out of speed is that mid-course brake run though.

Won't this coaster be the first B&M Inverted to not have the zero-drop?

Even that recreation looks really bad. Shaping is all over the place, pacing looks way off as well. I wouldnt buy into any recreations in NL unless done by something who I could consider a respected designer. None of the ones Ive seen seem to reproduce even a realistic pacing and feel.