TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

Photos of the day :

New curve after the immelman :

After this curve, there is a drop that goes under the tunnel :

But the tunnel is not finished, so they will make the end of the layout.

I would say that this new coaster is more of "Quicksilver" blue, a shade of bright blue that Quicksilver likes to use in a lot of their shirts. A medium bright blue that is closer to the green side of the spectrum. Montu on the other hand is a dark blue with a hint of violet and very close to the violet side of the spectrum. For all you old enough to remember way back to 1999, Montu's track color is the same, if not exactly the same color as the Grape iMac. Which was surprisely no where near a "grape" color at all. So like a year later it was replaced by one that was actually violet in color.

when i`ve seen the pics the first time i thought WTF!? I mean all this small and very close the floor elements in direct combination after the lifthill. this looks to be really intense. Can`t wait to ride this

Another huuuge and excellent update has been posted on potionmagix.fr!

What's that peaking above the treeline?

Chain!

Looking at the "straight" track between the loop and immelman. It's not completely straight is it?

This is how far the track has come, soon to be diving into the tunnel!

A forrest of supports have risen up for the next part of the ride. Something interesting, a righthand helix and the MCBR.

Here next after the underwater tunnel I think we'll see a wing over just before the helix.

And after the MCBR we'll dive into...

Another trench! This ride is keeping a low to the ground profile.

And here's the next inversion, the zero-g-roll.

And finally the track is getting prepared for installation for the last part of the ride.

Many, many, MANY more pictures at potionmagix.fr

An important information is for trim breaks after the loop, they will be used only if the train goes too fast. So it's a very good new

And we learned from panoramix that the speed on the drop with a load train is 90 km/h

Edited by Dixi

French forums and especially the guy who puts the pics (Panoramix) seem to affirm there will be NO mid course trim break. Also, expect an inversion at the exit of the tunnel PRIOR to the right hand turn before the dive to the zero G roll. I was at the park with 2 TPR friends last Friday and the pics don't do it justice. The first drop has to be seen in real life...

French forums and especially the guy who puts the pics (Panoramix) seem to affirm there will be NO mid course trim break. Also, expect an inversion at the exit of the tunnel PRIOR to the right hand turn before the dive to the zero G roll. I was at the park with 2 TPR friends last Friday and the pics don't do it justice. The first drop has to be seen in real life...

Your message is not very clear, what the pics don't do justice ?

And it's sure there will be no mid course trim break.

What I meant was, the ride looks larger in real life and the first drop looks amazing. I'm also kind of surprised (positively though) by the order of the inversions, especially since the last one seems to be the zero G roll. Excited fir this new ride...