TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

damn B&M is outdoing themselves with this one it seems! I love the sequence of it too, dive loop to overbanked curve right into a loop...which then LEGIT immediately goes into an immelman??? So sick, Parc Asterix is without a doubt getting one of the best B&M inverts in quite a while it seems, looking forward to watching this until completion!

This thing just looks crazier and crazier every day!

I just wonder what it's name is going to be....something Egyptian....

I'm calling it now... MONTU! jk

This B&M Inverted Coaster is really intriguing me, and some parts do look fantastic and intense! If this is any better than Montu, I guess I'll have to go to France soon!

^We also have no idea if it will even be used. Dominator has trims before the cobra roll that were never on at Geauga Lake and weren't on at Kings Dominion when I was there a couple weeks ago.

Regardless, this ride looks incredible. The steepness of the first drop, the apparent 'whip' at the top of the dive loop, the BTR-esque overbank, always fun vertical loop, and the great looking descent into the immelman look insane. I'm super excited to see this one finished and for testing to begin. The French are very lucky with this one.

I just saw all of the photos of this ride and it looks to be a great one so far. B&M has always been my absolute favorite among coaster manufacturers, and it looks as if they are really stepping up their game. Raptor/Gardaland and Swarm both appear to be a successful translation of the 4D concept and it will be interesting to see if they go for the rotating seats or just get creative with the layouts to emulate the 4D type thrills (e,g,, the first drop for Swarm), and I am really anxious to see what they have up their sleeve for Dollywood. That flyer they built in China recently with the vertical loop looks completely insane. But this one looks to be a hybrid of the larger elements on coasters like Silver Bullet or Talon and the tight, smaller and more intense elements of the B:TR coasters.....it will be interesting to see how this one develops!

I don't know why, but the drop from the loop to the immelman looks very...arrow-esque.

I actually have to say that I like how they did that...what it will essentially do, instead of being over engineered, is it'll feel more like a sweep than one fluid motion, which I think is what really makes some of the better B&M's so intense. Unnatural transitions that are still smooth but forceful. I feel like with some of them they really smooth them out too much, and I think that's what takes away from their feeling of forces.

Oh, and the roop! I also like this photo of the roop! It looks like it'll be snappy at the apex, one of my favorite things about B&M inverted loops is the snap at the top that kind of "whips" you over.

Thanks for the photos dixie!

I know its been said in this thread before, but this ride really does look like some of the older B&Ms go as far as being tight and whippy. Hopefully it ends up being as good as it looks and B&M trends back to their old ways. Looks absolutely awesome regardless, I love the layout of this thing.