TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

Yes it's so beautiful ^^

Other photos :

They will be a trench ( for the first drop too )

The surprise is this inclined curve at more than 90° !

Today the loop.

Edited by Dixi

^ Here comes the "is it or is it not" an inversion arguement! Although that looks to me like about 100 degrees rather than 90!

Looking at the height difference from the first drop to the dive loop that is going to carry some crazy speed through that element!!!

May have to pop over to France next year!

I forgot to say that the height of the dive loop is 30 meters ( 98 feet ), the first drop is 40 meters ( 131 feet ).

^ Here comes the "is it or is it not" an inversion arguement! Although that looks to me like about 100 degrees rather than 90!

It's my fault ! Panoramix said : " It's more than 90° ". I think it's approximately 100°, same as what you think.

Edited by Dixi

it looks like the top of the dive loop will have some 'snap' in it.. i really need to ride this! to me, the curve will be an inversion because it's like an inclined loop curve...

The curve is not officially recognized like an inversion. There are 5 inversions : Dive loop => Loop => Immelman => (?) => Zero-G-Roll or Dive loop => Loop => Immelman => Zero-G-Roll => (?)

^Yea, that's the first thing I thought of when seeing the colors. If it's even close to the ride Montu is, it will be a great investment for the park.

Yeah these B&M inverts always seem to be great additions to any park they are in. It looks totally different from Montu and i really like that B&M isn't being repetitive but that's probobaly because of Parc Asterix, not B&M. Usually customers want same old same old from Walter and Claude. Nobody wants to spend the money to be unique as of late. But with places like Parc Asterix and World Joyland telling B&M to make something unique, it reassures me that they still have their touch.

Now what would really make me happy is if parks started adding more of the Sit Down coasters So good, yet so few of them

I've been wanting to comment but also wanted to wait to see more progress on this coaster. It's exciting to see a new invert being built since you don't see too many new inverts built anymore.

I had the impression that it would have been a little bigger than it is but as evidenced by the multiple Batmen out there the smaller inverts seem to pack more of a punch and this one looks like it might be equally intense.

That first drop looks pretty wicked and for some reason I can see the back seats getting whipped through the tight twist coming off the lift.

The overbanked turn looks similar to what I've seen in pictures of Knott's Silver Bullet or is this one more steeply banked than SB's?

DUDE WTF?!?!! WHY COULDN'T KNOTT'S GET AN INVERTED LIKE THIS?!??!

This looks like it's going to be the most intense coaster B&M has made since the Batman clones, which is freaking awesome!

Look how tall that loop is compared the banked turn, and with how compacted the layout is, it's all going to be one intense blur!

Thank you for the updates. This coaster is amazing!

*edit* Sorry for the double negative, thanks for catching me Ed Farmer.

Edited by BlueFireCoaster

That drop looks quite different compared to the older B&M first drops on inverted coasters. I would have to guess that's due to the lack of a pre-drop which allows the coaster to enter the drop at a greater angle. Looking forward to seeing a POV of it in action!

That's what's missing from B&M's newer rides these days as the pre-drop especially on their inverts is what IMO makes them stand uot from many other coaster design firms.

That's what's missing from B&M's newer rides these days as the pre-drop especially on their inverts is what IMO makes them stand uot from many other coaster design firms.

It has become their signature but there really is no point for it anymore. The pre-drop was originally so the chain dog could disengage from the chain, but they have since re=designed their chain dogs so it is no longer necessary

The loop is finished !

The trench will be themed

Yes, there is trim brake :

The height of the third inversion is 22 meters ( 72 feet ) and it's an immelman.

Edited by Dixi