TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

Don't know how I slept on this one but just saw the thread and wow, this ride looks pretty damn wicked! Very cool, unique layout!! Have to agree with others on here - I miss the B&M kickers (pre-drops), they really add a lot to the ride imo. I hated seeing the hypers lose them, now it looks like their other models are losing them, too. That said, again this ride looks totally sick! Can't wait to see it completed, and hopefully we'll get some nice coverage once it opens from some enterprising TPR memeber. (Olov, perhaps?)

I don't know about Olov, but I (Oliv') will be there for opening...

I find it odd how little fanfare this ride has had so far. It was rumored for such a long time and all of sudden track was arriving at the park. Kind of similar to how the GCI Knight Valley coaster progressed. The majority of it was built before it even had a name.

This actually looks amazing! I really hope it does have nemesis style forces or similar... if they pull off the theming it looks like it will be great ride!

I'm going on a school trip next year to france and hoped we would go here, so i could ride it, but we're going to disneyland instead

Holy sh!t, that IS a steep drop; I was expecting steep, but not that steep. This looks like it'll be good. B&M has been taking a lot more risks lately, first with starry night ripper, then X-Raptor, and now with this.

That drop looks quite different compared to the older B&M first drops on inverted coasters. I would have to guess that's due to the lack of a pre-drop which allows the coaster to enter the drop at a greater angle. Looking forward to seeing a POV of it in action!