TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best First Drop on a Wooden Coaster? Which one do you think?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
Maybe we should start a new topic -

"Best First Drop on a Wooden Coaster that isn't El Toro"

Ha! There's a "best B&M train theming that ISN'T duelling dragons" thread somewhere, I should dig it up!

Although Boulder Dash at night is pretty close, I still think El Toro takes it.

i also check in on the El 'Freaking' Toro vibe in this thread. But a good second and third place are for second Colossos(Heide Park) and third Balder(Liseberg). See the Intamin first drop goodieness?

Rattler, opening season.

It was so good, it generated lawsuits.

Seriously, no wooden drop has ever made me spew profanities like that one did. The Freeze Frame booth was hysterical... pic after pic of a trainload of riders at the bottom of that drop, and almost nobody had managed to keep their hands up. In fact, most were white-knuckling the bar, hunched over, head looking at the floor.

• 1 month later...

Of what I have ridden...

1- Megafobia. In the back, you get whiped into it and then you start your descent, Brace, and enjoy!

2- The Grand National. Intense airtime on the double down and the accent back up is really steep.

3- The Big Dipper - My first woodie. The first time I rode it, it scared the crap out of me. However it's a great fun ride!Although the first drop is not as good as the other two.

^This thread is for best FIRST drops on woodies, cyclops' OMG airtime drop is in the middle of the ride.

For me El Toro. Why? Because it was a drop where there was so much airtime, the steepness felt unnatural and it felt like it went on forever.

^This thread is for best FIRST drops on woodies, cyclops' OMG airtime drop is in the middle of the ride.

For me El Toro. Why? Because it was a drop where there was so much airtime, the steepness felt unnatural and it felt like it went on forever.

But it's first drop is STILL Awesome in he back seat!

Voyage's first drop was always very good in the back seat, but I'm gonna throw in a dark horse vote for Kentucky Rumbler's first drop. The curve off of the lift generates enough speed to give an awesome kick of airtime in the back seat and a decent floater though out the rest of the train. I've always that drop (as well as the entire ride for that matter) is very underrated.