TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Superman: Escape

And its pretty much what you'd get if you mix Stealth with Rita.

I apologise if something like this has already been posted, but I'm just chuffed that I've finally got to see some footage of this coaster.

-Martyn

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

weetopia is that from the video or from riding?

Because I'll assure you that that thing goes plenty fast enough over those airtime hills, anymore ejector air and you would be getting bruises on your thights for days! All those that rode Speed on the UK trip will know what I'm talking about because this baby packs more ejector air than that hill!

It's so funny to read you guys say a ride isn't fun without riding it, given I look at it every day and ride it at least once a week I can tell you that yes it is a fun ride.

What rocket doesn't crest the tophat slowly? That's a cool feeling in itself, and as I just said (did you bother to read??) it does in fact take the top hat quite fast indeed.

Look at a video of Kingda Ka, I'll guarantee it doesn't look anywhere near as fast as it does feel when riding, that's just video for you.

I'll agree with Rappa here, while I've only ridden it a few times it's definitely a unique coaster experience. And in terms of airtime, yikes, that bruise didn't go away for atleast a few days, and while the numerous turns around the small footprint and can be a little cumbersome, the fact that there's a pre-ride experience, a tunnel element and it's got Superman figures that look like they're hanging on deer life all means it's a fairly kick-arse attraction, even if it hasn't been well received by the Australian public.

"Hey, wtf mate, you.... launch... ?"

^Exactly right. There's no reason to judge a coaster like that without riding it.

I think it looks like an awesome ride with a lot of ejector air and a great layout.

BTW, I don't know if any of you saw this, but...

It looks A LOT faster in that video. It's a better view of the coaster and the quality is better.

The first video is better placed as its in the middle of the ride,

it does in fact take the top hat quite fast indeed

Have you watched the second video? It only just made it over the top hat.

-Martyn

It's so funny to read you guys say a ride isn't fun without riding it, given I look at it every day and ride it at least once a week I can tell you that yes it is a fun ride.

What rocket doesn't crest the tophat slowly? That's a cool feeling in itself, and as I just said (did you bother to read??) it does in fact take the top hat quite fast indeed.

Look at a video of Kingda Ka, I'll guarantee it doesn't look anywhere near as fast as it does feel when riding, that's just video for you.

Yea but no rocket crests it that slowy. It barely even makes it.

I rode it in June, front row, back row and in the middle. At the front and towards the front the ejector air on the top hat and the two camelbacks is quite forceful. In the back, there isn't serious ejector air time going over but it has a real whip when you start heading down the drops. In the middle a bit of both.

I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised, the themed section is really good, the launch was surprisingly forceful (I have ridden Storm Runner, Dragster, Xcelerator and few others to compare) I think is mainly because it is a very short distance from go to the top hat, and the air time was very surprising, almost Ride of Steel like.

Thanks... I seriously looked about 10 times and couldn't find where I wrote that.

What I meant was that it gets up the tophat pretty fast which does produce air in the front. It's the cresting as it pulls the back half of the train up and over that is slow. I can't say that I didn't feel like the train was barely going to make it over on Xcel or Stealth though either. ...or Kanonen for that matter either.

Okay seriously people get over yourselves. If you haven't ridden the ride you have no base for telling djrappa, WHO HAS, that he is wrong.

Also for those of you who have never noticed it, Xcel takes its top hat very slowly at time, that's why it rolls back. There is no top hat that is taken with constant air because it isn't physically safe.

The tophat on Superman appears to be taken just as fast as the rest, in my opinion, and the rest of the coaster part looks really fun as well. That combined with the indoor part probably make for a really fun ride.

I was really impressed by the theming, I'd like to see a video of it so I can show people who haven't been on it.

It would be hard to get an onride because they won't even let you on with anything in your pockets even your back pockets, so it would be hard to get a camera on.

Okay seriously people get over yourselves. If you haven't ridden the ride you have no base for telling djrappa, WHO HAS, that he is wrong.

Ok, where in this topic have I said he's wrong, I'm right?

Exaclty, I've just said my opinion, every video of this ride I've seen shows it taking the tophat very slow, and the POV is the same.

-Martyn

I have been on the ride... alot, and It does sometimes barely clear the top hat, but isn't that NORMAL for rocket coasters, thats why they rollback, The Theming on the ride is amazing, and the Airtime is just... OMFG!!!! airtime, enough to make elissa drool... So yea, It's also maybe not the best idea to bag out a roller-coaster if you havn't been on it. While it may not be the biggest or the fastest, it packs a mighty punch! We Australians are glad with what we got, cause we don't exactly have theme parks the size of yours.

So please don't knock our coaster, unless you have been on it!