TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: SFMM - July 4th!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This comment is going to sound absolutely hilarious, but I can forsee a lawsuit against MM coming any month now. Why? With all of the trash within the que-lines lying around, someone is bound to slip and fall from it and ...kaboom...broken leg/arm/foot or something along those lines. I will say it is actually a harzardous condition (trash in the que/station). If Ca-OSHA comes by and inspect the park (and notices that) I believe its roughly between $400-1000 per incident. Now THAT'S some expensive trash.

Employees smoking with the publci ROFLMAO they've got a long way to go to meet the "Disney spec" were the fireworks good atleast? The summer shows are pretty weak usually-well compared to Disneys-so i hope the 4th of July show was a bit better. I don't think i would've made much of a difference had i decided to drive up to SFMM and get a job there, let's see if the destruction crew comes anytime soon.....

P.S. Love the avatar beemerboy!

This is going to sound really weird but, I would love to get a crack at those employees. I really believe a lot can be changed with the right leadership.

Aren't there any Managers left that care?

So hard to see how bad things are. What happened to taking pride in yourself and your job?!?!?!?

Yeah, that is true, the only thing we suck at is driving on highways.

You havn't been to Miami. You've never experienced bad driving until you experience it combined with road rage.

Excellent point. I managed to survive 28 years of it somehow. But what you forget is that only about 10% of people living in South Florida these days are natives. Where do the rest come from? You guessed it.....the northeast. Well, that and Cuba.

...were the fireworks good atleast? The summer shows are pretty weak usually-well compared to Disneys-so i hope the 4th of July show was a bit better.

The fireworks were good. Definately nowhere near Disney but it was fine. (Edit: I have pictures and video I can put up if anybody wants.) I think that it helped that I couldn't hear the soundtrack they played over the PA since I was up in the Sky Tower and there are no speakers up there. I think Robb mentioned that they were playing Kenny G or yodeling or something awful with the fireworks.

The Batman returns show is running too, which I have to admit is my favorite show SFMM has ever put on. Again, no Disney, but you gotta love the batmobile.

"Its like a flat Hummer!" - Kim "A flat Hummer that hops, and gets more than 2 MPG" - Me

^ That explains a lot, didn't know about that statistic

heres a couple of the better ones. yes they were taken with a cameraphone

edit: after trying to manage several attachments and comments I now see why photo tr's take so much time to compile. Theres got to be a better way... ON TO THE PHOTOHACK CONTEST!!!11!!!

Pic069.jpg.b0a57df42fa209e3aa9b4dc22c9c8621.jpg

The line for a traditional all american activity on the 4th: getting fat. Err, I mean funnel cakes.

1268020120_skytowerinspectioncertificate.jpg.7cfe64b37d8ad6a5b68768bb10a82706.jpg

We gonna inspect like its 1999. Safety is for wusses *flexes rippeley muscles*.

Glad I saw this on the way down not the way up

Pic067.jpg.aec96895cafebd64eb94807c1432714b.jpg

BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM

the finale was quite loud

Pic064.jpg.b4f745947bacbc32a02e18835bcacae0.jpg

If you follow the horizon line between this one and the last one you can get an idea of where we were. The launch site was in the hills behind roaring rapids and out of view of the rest of the park. But not us!!

Pic063.jpg.1c046d9de1e3b2f98ab51dcf400fcfe1.jpg

We could see the launch site from up in the tower. Theres a 'work leavin the tube on the right.