TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point 06' Trip

A week from tomorrow, I will be leaving to fly to Cleaveland for a long weekend at Cedar Point and Geauga Lake...I just have a few questions about MY trip there...Here's the plan...

We fly in on Wednesday of next week and will be able to enter the park at around 8 pm or a little after. (we have the breakers express package and get 2 twighlight tickets and this is the only time we will be able to use them...)What are the best things to do during this time?

The next two full days (Thursday and Friday) will be spent at Cedar Point as well. We get early entrance to the park, so what do you all suggest that we do? I was kind of thinking of going directly in line for dragster on Thursday and heading for millie and raptor on friday...(assuming that they are open )

On Saturday we will be going to Geauga Lake (arriving at the park at around 10:30 or so) and we plan on staying until about 4:00 or 5:00 or so. What is a good plan of action in this case?

This is going to be my fist time at these parks and I would really like to get all 26 credits...any help is appreciated...

Also, what coasters have the best airtime at these parks?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll need all of 6 mins at GL to get the credits ... but Big Dipper is worth a few re-rides ... other than that .. at CP: Maxair, wicked twister, maggie, blue streak, raptor and gemini are about all I find entertaining.

*Now I wait to get flamed by some CP Fanboy*

At Cedar Point for the early entry to the park you are limited to riding select rides that will be posted inside your hotel.

As for Geauga Lake, unless something special is going on, you should be finished with the credits rather quickly. However, I would recommend visiting Wild Water Kingdom for a while. It's actually a very nice waterpark. As for good rides at GL, I would say Big Dipper, Dominator, and Steel Venom are all worth re-rides (especially if the holding brake is on when you ride Steel Venom).

Geauga Lake is a fast park. It's an easy ten credits.

We went by there last sunday. Barely 1/4 of the parking lot was full. Superman and Xflight were walk-ons.

Have a safe trip.

Yeah, but on the GL website it says that the day I will be there is "Catholic Day..." Might it be busy?

^"busy" at GL is probably akin to normal light days at most parks. I don't think you'll have a problem. The only long wait I've ever had there was for X-Flight when it first opened, and that was basically caused by Six Flags Operations, with one train on every ride in the park.

-James Dillaman

oh, and if you can, try and score a front seat ride on MF at night, just keep your mouth closed so you don't eat many bugs...

I'd love to meet up, but our schedule on Wednesday is going to be rather unpredictable. Our flight arrives in Cleaveland a little after 5:00, we need to get our lugggage and a rental car, and then we have to drive to Sandusky (how long is that?) check in at our hotel (the Breakers Express) and then we're planning on getting dinner somewhere outside the park. After we do all that, we'll be able to go into the park. I'm not expecting to get into the park until around 8:00 or a little later.

Also, about how long is the drive from CP to GL?

1 Hour and 9 Minutes from Cleveland Hopkins to Cedar Point.

1 Hour and 45 Minutes from Cedar Point to Geauga Lake.

Source: Google Maps (if you would like a map, type "CLE to 1 Cedar Point Rd, Sandusky, OH 44870" and "1 Cedar Point Rd, Sandusky, OH 44870 to 1060 N Aurora Rd, Aurora, OH 44202")

Yeah, I just read that. Hopefully it will be open by next weekend...If we have to we may go to CP on Thursday, GL on Friday, and then go back to CP on Saturday (I heard that they're supposedly going to try to have it open by next weekend.)

I hope the lines aren't too long for everything else now that MF is closed...

Yeah I hope they don't get longer too. Plus there's chances of thunder storms. I'll be there Wednesday and Friday, GL on Thursday. My dad said if it's still closed Friday we could go in Saturday morning to try to get a ride on it. If it's closed though that would be a major disappointment, since that and TTD are really the best coasters there, and I doubt I'll get back to Ohio any time soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just got back...and got all 26 credits! I really head a great time. I'll be posting a photo TR in the near future as soon as I can get all of my pictures resized and my dad's photos developed and scanned onto the computer...Coming soon...

No, I wasn't there yesterday. We went to Geauga Lake.

The longest we waited for Millinennium Force while we were there was about thirty minutes.

We went on it five times...

I only rode one side of Gemni, but I did ride Jr. Gemni. Twice....