TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Deja Vu.....

So today my GF and I went to SFOG for a little 4th of July coaster action.....put it this way the park was dead!!!!I mean dead...that was a nice sign,I hate it when the parks busy. So on to the main point last time we were there I puss'd,(Mr.I'll ride any coaster)..puss'd out! But I promised the GF that next time we went I would ride Deja Vu....Well today was that day and let me tell you.....I loved it!!!!!!!It was scary as s@#t so I rode it twice....the first time was more up front,the second was in the back. Man when they take you up the tower and your in the back,it's freaking nutts! The drop is the best part, that and going backwards.....Just wanted to share with you my adventure today...Happy Coastering:)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my chance at Deja Vu as well earlier this year. First time I rode it I got the front and that was insane! The second time I got the back row... I didn't like it quite as much as the front for five reasons.

1. Actual LEG ROOM in the front!

2. Awesome view

3. Floater air while slowing down on the 2nd spike before the lift caught

4. Heading up the 2nd spike looking like you're about to come off the track

And the best reason:

5. Going up the 1st spike the second time and having the lift catch, it feels like you're going to break though your OTSR and slam straight down into the ground. I had my hands up during this part and I immediatly held on when I slammed into my restraint, it scared the you-know-what out of me.

Ahh, Deja Vu. It was my old #1.

^To answer your question, no it doesn't. It is a great ride though, it is so intense and quick. I've thought about it since the last time I rode it and I have to say that I think Batman at SFOG front seat is more intense than the Vu, but the Vu is more fun.

I was at SFOG 2 weeks ago. There was a really bad thundstorm in the area so we sat in the car for 2 hours. Then the rain stopped, and the park was dead.

I got all credits, except Deja Vu Goliath was grrrrreat. It's my first B&M hyper and it was a great experience. Although it's too quiet. It doesn't have that B&M roar.

Thanks for the heads up noyzz...every time I went to SFOG the ride was closed.

I am scheduled to take a trip to GA in August (for Goliath), hopefully Deja Vu will be running.

It looks like they fixed it. It didn't seem like they had any problems with it...so hpefully it will be open for you!

Oh and as for Goliath the backseat is nutts if you want nothing but air time....

Deja Vu is a great ride when it is open. I have ridden it many many times and still, for some odd reason, like it. I have ridden it over 230 times since it has opened, I've had 1 miscatch, on my latest ride, 1 retraction on tower 1 (where it gets stuck on the tower) and been stuck on it over 10 times. This ride just gives you that adreline rush you are always craving.

It's a fun ride. Not top ten material (for me at least), but the towers are what makes the ride. They are actually really scary.

To me, it seems like the Deja Vu's have been running pretty darn well this year. Great America's has been up almost all season, along with Over Georgia's. I'm not sure about Magic Mountain's... (although can't we all make a prediction on how often it works?)

I'm a big guys so they don't bother me, but my nephews are skinny like a twig...and they have no problems.....just think if you ride once and you don't like it you'll never have to ride it again.......