TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SfGam's Hurricane Harbor Update

As many of you know, SfGam will be adding a 13 acre Hurricane Harbor waterpark this summer and I thought I would update all of you.

So far, most of the supports are up and most, if not all of the footers are now in place. Ground Work has recently started on Skull Island, and the wave pool and adventure river are almost complete. In recent days, slide pieces started to go up (as you can see in the far upper left of the webcam) for the atomic coasters. Construction should really start to zoom and hopefully be ready for the goal grand opening of Saturday, May 28. The entrance to the waterpark is either going to be by the Go-Cart attraction or by the entrance to Viper. It has not been made public yet. And as many of you know, the waterpark is included with regular park admission.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatamerica/Rides/water.html

Other news for the park:

1. DejaVu is being painted or has already been painted.

2. Condor's rehab is almost finished and MIGHT be open on opening day(April 30)

3. There will be no shows in the Southwest Territory Ampitheater this season, but there will be more concerts this year.

4. Looney Toons- We Got the Beat is in Theater Royale and Cirque Magnifico(an extreme circus) is in the Grand Music Hall, while there will be many new street performers and other outside stage acts.

5. American Eagles lift hills are being retracked and maybe more.

6. New paint should appear all over shops and restaurants.

7. Increased Park capacity for the rides.

8. Coasters After Dark is returning.

9. The park is hosting ACE Coaster Con.(Details released at Aceonline.org)

10. Many other new and exciting additions which should seperate SfGam from any other park.(You just have to wait and see.)

This should be the parks year to shine and I hope it really will. Again, if anyone ever wants to meet up, it would be a blast.

Thanks.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad too see the improvements at SFGAm.

Now if they run both sides of American Eagle from the opening bell as well as 3 trains on Raging Bull and get deJaVue to run on a consistent manner and also do so when the park opens it will help the lines alot

Now if they could increase the quality of the food and lower the pirces on food/soda it would also help them.

But they do need to become much more family friendly, and a big help in that direction would be the addition of a decent interactive dark ride, something similiar to the one st SF STL(ala scooby do)but with different theming.

SFGAm's waterpark looks like it will make a nice addition to the park. Looking at the rendering, it looks like they have more land left in the waterpark if they ever wanted to add more slides.

Also, I got a little side question. Which Hurricane Harbor is the biggest? I'm curious as to where SFNE's Hurricane Harbor ranks.

Heres what we got if you guys aren't sure

1 Tornado

1 Giant Raft Slide

2 Lazy Rivers (one small and one large)

8 one-two person tube slides (two towers, 4 slides each)

9 body slides (1 speed slide, 2 regular body slides, 6 small body slides)

2 quad tube slides

2 wave pools

1 regular pool

Hooks Lagon play scape

1 water rollercoaster slide (not really a rollercoaster, it just goes up and down like one)

IDK man...if they are just starting to put up slide pieces now...I would have to say that there is no way they will be ready for May, although side pieces do go up easily, but still they only started that one tower in the far back...Not to mention there is a TON on concrete that needs to be poured, and it doesn't appear that they have started back-grading anything. Also, normal standred time to put up a Koala Playgroup Playstructure is 1 month, and that is once they started by putting the first piece in place, not the underground work. And since this is the worlds largest playstructure, I'm sure it will talk much longer then that...and it doesn't look like that started that either, and its already April 12th.. not to mention that all the landscaping won't be done by then, so they still have a TON of work to do...I'm not trying to start anything, but what makes you so sure it will be ready in time?

It WILL be ready.

However, there are conflicts that may arise, but you should see all the people they have working on site. Also, as you said, it takes about 1 month to get a Koala Group structure up and that would mean mid May in this case. That still leaves 2 weeks before opening. Also, most if not all slide pieces should be on site or on supports by the 23rd. There will be park buyouts that need to use the parking lot.

DejaVu "I'm very excited for the even more improved SfGam!" The Ride

If your trying to say that you work there, and you know it will be ready, that always isn't the case...I know for a fact that a park tries to tell its employees that their new stuff will be ready, even if the upper managgement knows it won't be, so if that employee goes on a public forum such as this one, then that person says that everything will be ready. I'm just saying that there is a lot of things that go on behind closed doors, that parks don't tell their employees.

I must say, being an enthusiast, I would have liked to have seen a coaster installed, but I really think this is a great and probably smarter addition. It definately makes me want to go more. I'm starting to refind my waterpark side. I'm hoping that, aside from increased attendance, that the water park will help distribute the guests throughout the park. The last three times I've been to the park (all on weekdays) the park has been quite crowded. Still a great park though. My favorite in the Six Flags chain.

If your trying to say that you work there, and you know it will be ready, that always isn't the case...I know for a fact that a park tries to tell its employees that their new stuff will be ready, even if the upper managgement knows it won't be, so if that employee goes on a public forum such as this one, then that person says that everything will be ready. I'm just saying that there is a lot of things that go on behind closed doors, that parks don't tell their employees.

Well, No I don't work there. And if a Six Flags Great America employee were to post on a forum, such as this one, then they would be fired.

Fired...I don't think that just because a 6 Flags employee was to post on a public forum isn't grounds to be fired...When they become an employee they don't sign something that says, "Thou shalt not post about our park in a public forum"

Anyways on another message board, not to name names many park employees posts messages, so I don't think that one could get fired for that.

Just because it is in the employee handbook, doesn't mean that no one reads it...I would venture to say that hardly none of the employees actually read that entire thing. Its like the high school handbook, well at least my old high school (oh man how time flies), anyways no one ever reads that handbook either, its just guidelines. Things like that are meant to scare people, or thats what I believe.