TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Against Leather and Animal Testing !!!!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I haven't, but I'm sure it was horrible.

My biggest beefs right now are with the elephants and other animals at theme parks. I'm trying very hard to get more awareness about them just by posting online and writing letters.

http://www.savewildelephants.com/sixflags.asp

Also, there is a big thing right now about the chickens used at your local Wegman's super market. The chickens have seen very harse treatment and aren't even given medical attention when sick.

^ It was a joke, just like my post.

I know that you were just joking, I just wanted to take the time to make a point while working off of your joke.

And yes, this is a serious issue and I hope that people will look at the information that I post in here with an open mind. I'm glad that there is someone else out there too.

Why don't you watch how one of those is made and tell me how you would like to be one of those animals.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=fur_farm&Player=wm&speed=_med

This stuff is just flat out disgusting. I've said for years that anyone caught treating an animal this way deserves to have it done to them. There aren't many things in life that really get me fired up and actually willing to harm someone, but animal cruelty comes extremely close.

Count me in on the PETA bandwagon.

I am also vegetarian. I have not gone completely vegan because I like pizza way too much. I have taken cheese out of my diet the best I can and I still eat some things that have eggs and stuff in them. I never liked eggs all the much, just like cakes.

This is really the most disturbing of all the videos that I have seen. I can't believe that I used to eat animals. Just knowing that they are treated this way is disturbing to say the least.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=meet_your_meat&Player=wm&speed=_med

Meet your Meat

weetopia That's great. Just remember a few things.

You have to get organized and have a message. You can't just be walking around with signs. You have to make the signs readable and have a solid message.

Also, you want to stay away from places that are private property. You have to be careful in those instances. Sometimes the sidewalk is or isn't depending on where you are. Don't go into the road either.

If the police show up, don't panic. The police are on your side. They are just there to make sure that there is no disorderly conduct and that means from you or anyone against you. If they come just send someone over with good people skills and be polite. "May I help you officer?" is a good start and then just explain what you are doing and assure them that you will comply with the laws within the town.

Also, be nice to people. Even if people are mean, just smile and say "Thank you". It will confuse the hell out of them, but it is better than being that stereotypical "Psycho animal lover/tree hugger"

Also, it is good to have information to hand out incase people are interested. Go to Goveg.com to get some great literature. They have all kinds and I'm sure they will have something that relates to you. And it is free too.

I hope that all helps.

Why don't you watch how one of those is made and tell me how you would like to be one of those animals.

Holy s...!

I didn't really care too much about animal cruelty, but now that I've seen this, it looks terrible.

They keep them alive!

Wow, thats is so screwed up.

I'm not against eating meat, but leather? We don't need to kill animals for clothing. If we are slaughtering them for food, and we are simply making use of what is left, that is one thing, but uselessly killing them for their skin. That is terrible.

Animal testing? I'm kind of against it,and kind of in favor of it. For one thing, it saves people's lives, and I think that an animal's life lost as some form of a sacrifice to save a human as alright, but still quite controversial.

Thanks for enlightening me on this situation.

Many people would agree that PETA's objectives may have the best of intentions, but on some issues they seem a bit extreme.

I live in Orange County, CA and up the road from me in the city of Long Beach, is an aquarium called the Aquarium of the Pacific. This is an incredible state-of-the-art facility, that allows people not only to look at countless varieties of marine life, but also in some exhibits permits some physical interaction as well.

Well last year PETA decided to protest this aquarium because the facilities cafeteria was selling fish and chips. PETA felt that the other fish who were living at the aquarium could sense that their fellow fish were being cooked and eaten! (This was part of their "Fish Empathy" campaign) I believe PETA compared it to a dog show selling Poodle burgers!

Many people would agree that PETA's objectives may have the best of intentions, but on some issues they seem a bit extreme.

I live in Orange County, CA and up the road from me in the city of Long Beach, is an aquarium called the Aquarium of the Pacific. This is an incredible state-of-the-art facility, that allows people not only to look at countless varieties of marine life, but also in some exhibits permits some physical interaction as well.

Well last year PETA decided to protest this aquarium because the facilities cafeteria was selling fish and chips. PETA felt that the other fish who were living at the aquarium could sense that their fellow fish were being cooked and eaten! (This was part of their "Fish Empathy" campaign) I believe PETA compared it to a dog show selling Poodle burgers!

I do agree that sometime PETA does go over the line. I wish that they kind of handled themselves differently in some situations. I mean, there is no reason to go out into public naked. The is no reason to really be overly shocking sometimes. They say it is to get attention, but sometimes it is bad attention. I think that in most cases if you are professional and have a good message, it can get through to people more than being shocking and then following up the shock with a good message.

Holy s...!

I didn't really care too much about animal cruelty, but now that I've seen this, it looks terrible.

They keep them alive!

Wow, thats is so screwed up.

I'm not against eating meat, but leather? We don't need to kill animals for clothing. If we are slaughtering them for food, and we are simply making use of what is left, that is one thing, but uselessly killing them for their skin. That is terrible.

Animal testing? I'm kind of against it,and kind of in favor of it. For one thing, it saves people's lives, and I think that an animal's life lost as some form of a sacrifice to save a human as alright, but still quite controversial.

Thanks for enlightening me on this situation.

I'm glad that you got something from this. However, I do have one thing to say about one of your comments. I know that a lot of people believe that testing on animals essentially saves human lives, but what does testing on a rat really do? Rats and humans are much different. The same things go for cats, dogs and even chimps and monkeys. The only way to really be able to see what chemicals and products do to humans is by testing on humans. Now I'm not saying that we should start testing on humans, but we need to stop testing on animals. There are a lot of companies out there that do very well without using animals in their products and don't test on animals.

http://www.caringconsumer.com/pdfs/companiesDontTest.pdf

There are actually some pretty big names on that list.

Anyway, I could go on about other facets of the world and how I think corporations have taken over for the worst and how there is an unsettling of society in America and the rest of the world and give environmental views and stuff, but I'll save that for another thread. What I will say is that is this - the drugs that are tested on animals probably wouldn't even need to be made if people just took up a healthier lifestyle. Taking out meats and chesses and other animal derived things is very good for you. But of course, people could do that or keep eatting meat and take the pill that could cause "Nausia, vomitting, loss of sexual desire, headaches, lack of sleep, back problems, could cause you to grow a third eye...."

http://www.drmcdougall.com/

http://www.rightfoods.com/

^Dang Not For Sale, I just watched your 15 minute Penn + Teller video!

I can't believe that Penn + Teller advocate the abuse of animals! They seemed to encourage people to "choke their chickens" and "ruff up their clams!"

That kind of abuse is unacceptable! I can't believe I paid to see their comedy routine at the Rio when I went to Vegas two months ago!

^Dang Not For Sale, I just watched your 15 minute Penn + Teller video!

I can't believe that Penn + Teller advocate the abuse of animals! They seemed to encourage people to "choke their chickens" and "ruff up their clams!"

That kind of abuse is unacceptable! I can't believe I paid to see their comedy routine at the Rio when I went to Vegas two months ago!

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, it's just an expression

^ Hi Not For Sale, yes I was being extremely sarcastic! Though I did infact see Penn and Teller a couple of months ago at the Rio. Their show was great!

What surprised me the most about them, was that after their show was done they actually hung around to talk to everyone and take photos Etc...

Many Vegas performers do their show and leave, but these two signed autographs and talked to people!

If you visit Vegas I would highly recommend you see them.

^ Hi Not For Sale, yes I was being extremely sarcastic! Though I did infact see Penn and Teller a couple of months ago at the Rio. Their show was great!

What surprised me the most about them, was that after their show was done they actually hung around to talk to everyone and take photos Etc...

Many Vegas performers do their show and leave, but these two signed autographs and talked to people!

If you visit Vegas I would highly recommend you see them.

Whew.

I love BS, it's the best show on TV. I'd definitely go see 'em in Vegas, but that would be just about the only reason I'd go, with all the me beign underage and the crappy coasters.

Now that you all posted your propaganda, here's mine.

Don't watch if you're easily offended.

I don't really think that I'm posting "propaganda". I think I'm posting things that are true. If you choose to believe them, that is fine. I am just posting what I believe in. If you read what I posted, thank you. If you don't want to listen, that is fine, I just don't appreciate being taunted. Just like Penn and Teller said, you have the right to choose. I understand that.