TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Airline do you fly?

I'm with those that fly whatever's cheap. Nashville to Orlando is generally the least on Southwest or Delta, in which case I would choose Delta if they were the same price.

I flew US Airways to Spain, and while the flight over there was pretty uncomfortable (very hot, box affixed under the seat in front of me so I couldn't extend my left leg or put my bag under the seat, very bad food!) the flight back home was really great. The seats were bigger, it was cool enough to put a blanket over my legs, the meals and snacks were great and best of all I had an empty seat next to me! I'd fly them again if they were cheapest, but I wouldn't pay more to be brand loyal.

-Julie

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've flown most of the domestics, and don't really feel a huge devotion to any one of them. Whoever has the best price/routing for a firm trip is who I go with.

That said, the bulk of the service out of the Phoenix airport is split between US Airways and Southwest, each of whom have hundreds of flights a day here. And all other things being equal, I'd choose Southwest, mainly because they don't charge change fees. Most other airlines will charge you a minimum of $25 to reprice a ticket (if the fare goes down after you buy) or to cancel or change flights/times. None of that with Southwest, which in my opinion is a huge advantage.

So if I book a "maybe" trip, I'll almost definitely go Southwest because I'm protected a bit more with them in case I have to cancel or change my plans.

Because I'm in Philly, if I want to fly somewhere direct, I'm usually forced to go with USAir. There are few other options for the number of flights per day, destination, and price. Not cheaper than others, but sometimes you find good fares (which is why I end up booking my whole season in like March!) I could also fly Southwest to a few places, but they're usually not much cheaper, have less flights, more delays, and I can't choose my seat.

After a few more flights on USAir this year, I'll be Silver Preferred, so I intend to fly them as much as possible in the future.

Not cheaper than others, but sometimes you find good fares (which is why I end up booking my whole season in like March!) I could also fly Southwest to a few places, but they're usually not much cheaper, have less flights, more delays, and I can't choose my seat.

After a few more flights on USAir this year, I'll be Silver Preferred, so I intend to fly them as much as possible in the future.

Wow Derek, must be nice to be able to book all your flights like that. Rich are we? LOL

I had an amazing experience on Japan Airlines. I was supposed to be in Economy Class, but they somehow bumped me up to their Business class, and whoa! It was even better than the First Class/Business Class (what do they call it?) on Delta! Just... it was impossible to describe how amazing it was. They had everything, and when you wanted food, they gave you whatever you wanted, and the deserts were to die for! Chocolate parfait was just incredible! Too bad their prices are a little outrageous....

Usually 'I fly' (I haven't yet flown alone/ without parents) with Finnair or SAS/Blue 1, they are both quite good, good, friendly service, decent food (it varies), highly uninteresting flight TV entertainment (sorry, I don't like Slovakian soccer movies with a boring plot, highlights being the 'scene' transitions when the screen was pitch black (movie pun-unintended).

Anyway, my next 'own' flight will most likely be on a Ryanair or Air Berlin plane, because of their cheap prices and some nice destinations, I haven't yet flown with them so I don't really know what else to expect.

^ Yeah, but if you have their (SWA) cheapest ticket, you still have to pay the change fee.

Incorrect. There is no change fee at all, for anyone, at Southwest.

Now, if you rebook to a ticket with a higher price than your original, you will pay the difference in fares. But they won't tack on an additional $25+ change fee like most other airlines, because they don't have such a thing at Southwest.

Change fees are a bit of a slap in the face--almost like flushing your cash down the toilet--and it's nice not to have to worry about it.

I don't fly often, last I flew was in 2002 on United Airways. UA was alright, although on one of my flights, the headphone jack was busted and I couldn't watch Monsters Inc. .

I'm flying out to Denver this Saturday on AirTran, hope its good! Free XM radio !

It depends. Recently (In the past year), I've flown Air Canada and BWIA. Normally, however, we fly the Star Alliance companies (Air Canada, United, etc...) mainly because they're the only ones out of Toronto, and two, because my dad travels so much for business that he gets one or more free tickets a year.

I'm going to hit up Singapore Airlines in August to visit my mate in Perth. Heard they are pretty good.

The only airline I've ever flown is Southwest and I'm totally satisfied with them. Unless I have to leave the country for some weird reason, I'll never fly anyone else. Their customer service is awesome; plus I can usually get a cheap fare between Burbank and Vegas (screw LAX).

Being from Pittsburgh we're mostly stuck with whatever flights US Airways still has left. Many more connections than before. Unfortunately I still stick with them as they match prices of Southwest and now Jet Blue and I can at least get flyer miles out of them (I wouldn't be able to fly Southwest enough to get anything out of their rewards program). I also get to do some code shares with United. I do try to fly on Northwest or Continental for my other flyer miles account. Continental is probably my fave. I have some flights coming up on Delta and I usually end up on Delta coming home from ATL after something goes wrong with my US Airways route. I am not a fan of Air Tran and I won't fly them anymore. They played too many games when they arrived in Pittsburgh (cut half the flights consistently).