TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

MFJZ HUGE PKI PTR!

Hey guys, I had a total blast at PKI yeserday. I got there at about 3:45 and left at 10:15. I have about 35 pics to upload and will do that shortly.....camera uploading probs.

When I got to PKI, I went straigt to Face/Off. I can never find the "Vekoma" sign! grr! Anyways it was about 15 min wait for the front seat. F/O was running great as usual and very forceful. rides-2 8/10

Next up was Drop Zone and was about 10 min wait. My fav ride there and this guy tought me a trick! Ask the op if you can have some "airtime room" you put your hands were the restraints go on your lap and gives you awesome airtime! Rides - 5 10/10

Then it was time for Son Of Beast. It was about 15 min wait for the front seat. SOB was a great ride and there were great views. It still needs to be a little bit smoother on the turns, but it is a 'fun" level of roughness.

Rides - 3 8/10

After SOB it was time for Top Gun. The station had a wait for one train for the front seat...everything else was empty! (see photos) I saw alot of the Great Wolf Lodge was done, and a crapload of waterslide pieces! Sweetness!

Overall, good lateral G's, tiny airtime on drop, very short rides - 3 7/10

Then it was Delirium. Delerium is my 2nd fav flat there b/c of all that floater airtime and speed. It was about a 5 min wait. rides - 1 10/10

After Delirium, it was time for a classic, The Racer. I rode in the very back on the forwards train. For its age, it is still a good ride, but it has some rough spots. rides - 2 6.5/10

Then, it was time for my fav coaster of the night, Flight Of Fear. FOF I just love for its sheer intensity and insane turns. The launch is good b/c they didnt count it down! It was kind of a random launch. It really kicked ass!

11/10 rides - 3

Then, I took a break and got some dinner. It was about 7 now. I got some Skyline Coneys, two for just inder 5$ :$ CF better lower the prices. It was about 4$ for a rfeaking 24 oz. drink! RIP OFF! But I was talking to the SOB op about CF and Paramount and I asked her..."What will happen to the Paramount rides, like IJ:ST, TR:TR, Top Gun, F/O, and DZ?!" You can't retheme those rides! I mean look at IJ:ST and TR:TR! What will they do!?!?!?!?

Anyways, back to the coaster action! It got in the empty station that is Vortex. I hoped on the back car in 0 min. Love this coaster! A little rickety, insane airtime on the first drop, great inversions. 10/10 rides - 3

Then I decided to get on IJ:ST. It was abou a 10 min wait, but it was worth it. Great effects, where did the airtime go on that little dip?! Seems way less intense than last year.....it was a great secnd half of the ride where you go into the tunnel. 7.5/10 rides - 1

Netx it was time for the biggest mistake of my life. Riding the Beast. It wa the worst ride of my life. I rode in the back car and right on the drop, I could tell it would be hell. My whole left side was life brutaly beaten and I had a little trouble breathing afterwards! DAMN! :'( Terrible ride, I was too afrraid to ride again. I did get some great shots though! :59: 0/10 rides - 1

TR:TR was up next! it was about a 15 min wait and the ride was f***ing intense! Damn if you want the blood to rush to your head in the cool way, go to TR:TR! You get hung upsidown over "lava" oooo scary!:59: It was a great ride with the fire and the water and all the fun stuff! 8/10 rides - 1

The night was winding down so I decided to go over to the action zone area. I got on DZ 3 more times b/c it was fun talking to these drurn people using 10 f bombs a sentance and crying over their ost sunglasses....it was in the guy's pocket and he as too drunk to know! The I went on SOB at night a few more times and it was great.

Then as I got off SOB, I walked pass the Xtreme Skyfler (sky coaster). The sign said it was 10$, but this guy said I could go for 5$! I had never gone on it before, so I thought it would be like DZ and BORG combined. HOLY SH**! OK OK, you get up in that box to be attatched to the cord, they say "flying position" and you are standing up and then not slowly lowered to "fling position", they like drop you to it! It freakin looked like I was going to do a faceplant! LMAO! Then the fireworks started as I was pulled up 175ft. People on DZ were waving to me so I felt cool 8). I got to the top and I was freaking scared! hung at 175ft. laying down, held by wires and looking straight at the ground. All of a sudden, it stoped and the people on the ground said "3...2...1....FLY!" so that means I have to pull the cord to drop. OMFG! when you pull that OMFG! The scariest and most intense swet thing ever! Worth 20$!!!! WOW The op told me that there is a 300ft one in Florda, Orlando area...IM THERE!!!!!! best ride of the day. 20/10

Well I had a great time, an I will get the pics soon! (pics are in order of what I did first, 2nd, 3rd...)

^as you can see, the car was jackhammering up the lift.....ouch

^Beast Helix

feel free to use my pics in the TPR PKI Gallery! Please use them!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

*Trys his best to hold in Vortex rant* All I'm gonna say is a general word of wisdom about the big V: Its one thing to taunt it, but ignoring it is just plain disgraceful

Also, I'm wonding how you consider SoB as 'fun' roughness, yet Racer rough? I mean, sure Racer needs to be retracked (backseat on them =airpain), but SoB gives me headaches when I ride it. Otherwise, great TR.

PS: before I forget, I place a curse on you for enjoying that which destroyed my TOGO death machine

They have actually done alot to Beast. It is MUCH smoother than it was at the beginning of the year. Every time I ride it - theres new wood somewhere.

I see you POV'D my ride... Don't you know I am the only person allowed to POV Vortex? When I worked there - I confiscated sooo many cameras. You can usually tell when someone is going to POV - before the train even leaves the station. I love pushing the "Lift - Push to Stop, Pull to Start" button. Oh well - I can't blame you though - Vortex is an AMAZING ride - and so easy to get away with POVing...

I also have not ever seen the Vekoma sign on Face/Off. I don't believe it is in the drive box - as I have been in there numerous times and never seen it. It may be in that little lift shed.

Good to hear you had fun. I get kind of bored with PKI since I go all the time - but I am glad people who don't go as often still enjoy it.

Vortex would be a hell of a lot better if they took the frickin trim brake of the frickng 1ST DROP! and that second drop had amazing ...now its a trim brake.......I just had a terrible ride on the Beast the otherday. No one knows when I will POV....I was on SOB but this guy sat next to me. I was also on DZ...but some rowdy college kids were by me...I thought they would hit it or somthing

POVing on DZ is easy - but so scary. Think of the camera!

Vortex does not have a trim brake on the first drop. Beast does... Vortex only has brakes on the C Block brake (before the corkscrew) safety brake (out by the Troika) and ready brake (right before the station) and in the station. Trust me on that...

Vortex is not coming down - at least not this year. There is nothing wrong with the ride. I HIGHLY doubt that Cedar Fair will remove it - unless they need that land for some kind of ride that can out-thrill and out-capacity Vortex - which is highly unlikely. Vortex does very good capacity wise.

And Vortex is NOT sinking.

Beast has always had trims - but in like 2003 or 2004 - they replaced the skid brakes with magnetic brakes - because they never wear out - and always slow the train regardless of rain or shine.