TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your Job

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I work at this restaurant, Five Guys, and I hate it.

It's not that its bad, I'm just not that good with dealing with people.

Like when someone says "My Hot Dog was ____[insert problem]", what I WANT to say is "Get over it, you bought it, its not my problem anymore!" But what I HAVE to say is "Ok, would you like me to take it back."

Some of the people you have to deal with are soo frustrating, but I guess thats what you have to deal with when you work at a cash register job. Anyone else feel the same way I do about that kind of job?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I work for Well-Man cars (Taxi's) on the phones. It's pretty good but night shifts at the weekends are a nightmare. Basically some drunk guy will phone for a taxi and I will tell them there a 45 minute wait, then they phone back 5 minutes later saying he has waited over half an hour for there taxi and shout at you for 10 minutes. It was pretty stressful at first but i've gotten used to it now.

I used to be a bartender back when I was in Germany (best job ever!) but since I am in the States now, I work as an intern in a hospital. It is my practicum work that I must do. It's fun, because I get to see how surgeries are performed and I am learning a lot. But at the same time, it is very exhausting and I have very long hours every day!

• 2 weeks later...

Im a Stevedore. We work at the docks. Not to much people know what we do. But all the goods you buy at the store went thru us. We unload & load containers off of ships or barges. We also unload lumber, cars, heavy equipment, water pipes, etc......

This is a type of ship we unload.

This is what i actually do. I drive the tractor trailer all day or night for 10 hrs. (I dont drive the crane) I also do labor work. There is a show called "America's Port" on The National Geographic Channel. It shows what we do. The job is dangerous though. The worker's got to pay attention or they will be killed.

*who said you cant make a six digit income without going to college?

I work for Hilton Reservations, I'm an assistant manager. I sit in a cubicle all day long and type on computers. The movie Office Space is sort of an exaggerated version of my job lol.

Honestly, I love what I do, I plan on staying in the hospitality industry and work on my degree. I deal with difficult people (co-workers AND customers) but the pros outweigh the cons. I get free hotel rooms, which is a huge pro. I stay in New York City for free all the time...that's definitely one of the pros

I'm a lighting designer. I actually get to play with all those "spinny" (that's a technical term) lights that you see at concerts and such. We mostly do corporate work, (I'm off to Vegas at the end of the week to do a 10 day show at the Venetian) but the occasional concert and trade show booth happens to come along a few times each year. It keeps me out of trouble and sometimes I stay a few days after a gig to check out the local theme parks.

Woah! another lighting designer!!! no way!

well, I'm only technically a lighting designer since I've only done like three shows for SFOT. But for now that's my job - supervisor over theatrical lighting.

Oh, and Mac 700's do NOT like being in the same amusement park as a LIM launched coaster. The voltage in the park drops every time Mr Freeze launches, and it's a nightmare on all my mover's ballasts, lol!

I build 3D models and shoot video for the local university, but our group is annexed out on the local military base. Gets hectic, but fun to travel. I work with some great (and patient) people. We have a good time and you constantly have to learn new things. Growth and progress, always a plus.

Was very very fortunate to find this work in most uncertain times during the past few years. Been with this group almost a year and half already.

I'm interning in the film industry with Technicolor. I help them design parts and systems for their film printers and developers. Pretty neat since I'm on the Universal lot so I usually walk around the back lot on breaks. I also work at Disney at DCA but am seasonal and I might quit. I might be doing some construction work over the summer for money.