TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your Job

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished my second week as an Engineering Intern at VLOC-(Virgo lightning Optical Corporation)

I work in the UV Filter Growth area.

(Translation for non-engineers/chemists)

I make Cyrstals for Lasers!

It is really interesting, My boss believes in not making Interns do stupid tasks (AKA- Running Errands) so I get to learn the processes and gain valuable learning experience.

Oh and I get paid too!

Edited by The SETGO Guys

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

English major sophomore at a rural California community college. I'm going to transfer somewhere next year... hopefully Cal Poly, but if they're going to be a stickler about the required transfer courses, I might not be able to.

Currently I tutor like 6 different subjects at the college's Learning and Resource Center, most of the courses are various levels of Algebra. I also do the crisis line on some Saturdays and I get a stipend for that. I also do a TON of community-service type stuff. Like volunteering at the Chamber of Commerce doing stuff with SIFE (Students In Free Enterprise) that does lots of community service activities.

I am an aerospace engineer and use to work at the Johnson Space Center as a Space Shuttle Safety Engineer for On Orbit Flight Operations.

After being laid off due to budget cuts, I worked as desktop Support for Exxon Mobile which paid twice as much as my aerospace job.

After that job I became what I am today, a web applications developer. I program in Coldfusion with sql server or oracle database backends.

I am also a mobile DJ for about 24 years and DJ weddings and corporate events on the weekends. I have some of the most portable and high tech DJ gear in the business.

Well, about a year and a half ago I started out with a restaurant company as a sever. After all the work I put into my job, and after as much as I had to prove my self, I finally got my promotion to management. About 3 weeks ago I finished my 3 months of management training, and I am now settled into my new location with my job. I can honestly say that this is the most stable, and most happy that I have been in a long time. No plans on leaving this job.

~Matt

• 4 weeks later...