TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Does excelerator and/or silver bullet break down often? I was there today for the first time in a long time and both coasters broke down. excelerator broke down around noon and was closed the rest of the day, they had people working in the station for most of the day, at least I was able to get on it once before it broke down. As if that wasn't enough, I was going to eat lunch and then go ride silver bullet since it was the only coaster there that I had not yet been on. I looked toward SB and it had broken down too, it was stuck at the very top of the lift. People were stuck there for about 25 mins. then they released them and they all walked back down the lift. Luckily it started working later and I was able to get on it. I just wanted to know, does this kind of thing happen often, or was it just because I was there?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xcellerator has a far, far more complex ride design than Silver Bullet, so the chances of it breaking down are a lot higher. Silver Bullet should in theory just suffer the same problems are most other coasters and should breakdown a lot less.

^ sixflagsmagicmountain, It was entirely your fault that those two coasters broke down. Really, it's just because you were there, and wanted to ride them that was the cause of the breakdowns. Just like when I visited Parque Espana last month, and Pyrenees (also a B&M) was broken down (at the top of the lift, just like SB) the whole two days I was there. Just accept that our presence at parks causes rides to break, and that you'll often need to visit a park two, three, four, or even more times just to get all the credits. The fifth visit was finally the charm for me at LaQua before I finally got on Linear Gale, and three times to Fuji-Q for both Dodonpa and Fujiyama.

Enjoy 'wasting your money' visiting amusement parks you've already been to, like me!

^ yeah, that always seems to be just my luck, I'm happy that I got to ride them both though. I had never been on Excelerator and I really wanted to ride it, It was really awesome, that was my first time on an intamin rocket. I can't wait till next summer when I go to Cedar Point, hopefully top thrill dragster will be open.

Edited by sixflagsmagicmountain

To get rid of the curse, do as we do in Hawaii. Take some (preferably Hawaiian) salt and you throw it over your right shoulder-after you have said a prayer. Hawaiian salt is also available at most health-related/Vitamin stores. Don't ask me to ship them, because I don't want the curse to revert back to me if you (peeps) perform the wrong ritual and do a "rain dance"..lol

I went to Knott's last month and Xcelerator closed at least twice, then started cycling trains an hour later each time, then finally stayed open the rest of the day.

Silver Bullet e-stopped on the lift, but I don't believe it has any problems. B&Ms are nice and reliable.