TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite S&S TOWER

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a feeling I'm going to be in a minority. I LOVE the tower at Indiana Beach. Forgive me for not remembering the name of it.

Its a shorter tower, probably of 70ish feet. But, there are more than one pop of airtime. I loved it!

I also like Sky Screamer best, the location alone is awesome. Maliboomer is also cool because of the boardwalk setting. Other S&S's I have been on are...

Scream (SFNE)

Starblaster (Canobie)

Dragon's Descent (Funtown)

Dr. Doom

Seaside Heights' Tower

Power Tower

Dominator

Supreme Scream

I have a feeling I'm going to be in a minority. I LOVE the tower at Indiana Beach. Forgive me for not remembering the name of it.

I agree - and its simply called "Double Shot"

YES!!! Double Shot is amazing! You're definitely not in the minority! That second fall is quite possibly the best ejector airtime EVER.

I like the one that goes really high and then you fall really fast and bounce and stuff.

Yeaaahhh - that one is ace! I think I rode it too!

I just can't get enough of those S&S Turbo Drops - especially Power Tower @ CP and Supreme Scream @ KBF! The funny thing about any drop towers for me is that they really freak me out every time - I can't stand waiting at the top to drop. Very few rollercoasters give me that same sense of fear / anticipation anymore - I think I've become immune!

I'd love to have a go on one of those kerazy Double Shots [edit: am I getting confused with the Combo Towers?] - what's the deal with those - do you get blasted up like a Space Shot, then immediately blasted down like a Turbo Drop?

yeah, I've only rode 3 S&S towers

Superman: Tower of Power at SFoT

Dr Doom's Fearfall

Scream; SFFT

the thing is that hardly anyone in this forum has rode superman: tower of power, it's the tallest and fastest and most airtime filled of them all, it does a double shot and a turbo drop on just one tower, and it has a cool hat to it, or whatever you put on the top of a tri-tower!

sfot02.jpg.cb7e70c8f14274f8127ee61cc86826df.jpg

SEE HOW COOL THIS IS!

sfot02.jpg.80b28fda0584134529b9bc2463cbcb0f.jpg

SEE HOW COOL THIS IS!

Yeah, I'll have to say Dominator at Dorney Park. It gives you a good view if you sit on the side facing towards WWK. And that boom sound you hear when the Space Shot side reaches it's maximum height it cool too. I don't know if it's like that on any other S&S Space Shot ride, but it's cool.

I personally haven't ridden this one, but I would add the space shot at Las Vegas-Stratosphere tower. I believe one member posted this and suprised more haven't put that on the list; unless no one has had a chance to ride it (including me). I would expect that view must be incredible-especially at nite.