TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Six Flags Great Adventure 6/22/06

OK let me start off saying this was the worst trip ever for me. Every ride I wen't on broke down except Ka which was a 20 minute wait since i got there early. Every other ride, Toro, S:UF, GASM, and Nitro broke down while i was in line.

First ride of the day was on Ka on Gak. It was a 20 minute wait and 2nd row which was a great experience since I have never been on it before. Easily one of the best coasters in the park. 10/10. Next was Toro. It broke down for like a half hour. Got in line at 11:30 and off at 1:40. Best. Ride. Ever. OMG the airtime on the first drop is like..... nothing can expalin it.... but yea then the hill before the twister section was also crazy. I got back row, so that was amazing. I hope to get front next time. Also the DJ was pretty good but also annoying. For El Toro 20/10, it was an amazing ride and worth the 2 hours. After that we went to the car to eat. We get back in to the park and I go on GASM which breaks down right when im about to get in (like every other ride in the park i went on, except Ka). So yea. Hour and a half wait. I don't know why I waited honestly. So ends up there was a problem with the blue train. The wheels on cars 4 and 5 were squeaking badly so they took it off and put the red train on. I give GASM a 6/10. It's still a fun ride but the wait was not worth it. After that i went on Superman: Ultimate Flight which was running one train and broke down a bit when I was in line. I nearly left because the heat was unbearable. But yea, first ride ever on S:UF so I didn't expect the pretzel loop at all, but damn that thing was forceful. S:UF gets a 9/10 for me. Great experience, but the 2 hour wait wasn't worth it and I wish it could have been longer. Plus there should be an award just for going on. Doesn't six flags know how much your crotch hurts after that ride? Ok, well next is Nitro which was the last coaster of the day. Of course I get there and they only send 3 trains out and the next 3 test. Finally they remove one train and make it a 2 train operation. So it gets back up a running, and I get on 6th row. Nitro is still an amazing ride. 10/10 for it. Overall the day was decent. I just wish I wasn't bad luck charm today. Of course after I get off the line for a ride it runs good again. Like S:UF was running 2 trains near the end of the day. Honestly, WTF? Why open it with 2 trains after 6? Ok well thats it and I can't wait to go next week. Hopefully it won't be as bad and I will get to ride more coasters.

Well that was the day and as you can see it was pretty bad for me. Other people say it was a good day and they had no troubles. I guess im just really bad when it comes to luckiness or getting good stuff to happen . Hopefully I can go next week and have a good day.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really hasn't been that great of a season so far for this park, and they were making such great strides last year. The capacity is just horrible there and it seems like customer service is kind of slacking again. I"m sorry that you had a bad day, but I can't say that I"m surprised.

Sorry to hear you had such bad luck...however, in my experience, that seems to be the case with so many Six Flags visits. At least Great America seems to be doing better this year. The massive lines, frequent brakedowns, and extremely excessive prices are really becoming too much for me to take. Especially when there are parks like Mt. Olympus, Holiday World, and Indiana Beach out there.

I know how you feel the same thing always happens to me, but its worse when your actually stuck on the ride like at SFDL and at laronde both six flags parks.. hmm i see a pattern.. yea well ferris wheel stopped for about 1 hour at darien lake and at laronde the vampire ( batman clone) the front 2 cars of the train passed the station and it took them 45 mins to bring out a box to step on and open the restraints manually.. and they had to test it about 3 times after i got off to make sure it wont happen again. but still why do most parks wait till later in the evening to put on a second train on the coasters!?!

Sorry to hear you had such bad luck...however, in my experience, that seems to be the case with so many Six Flags visits. At least Great America seems to be doing better this year. The massive lines, frequent brakedowns, and extremely excessive prices are really becoming too much for me to take. Especially when there are parks like Mt. Olympus, Holiday World, and Indiana Beach out there.

I have to agree. If it wasn't for El Toro and S:ROS (SFNE), I wouldn't care to go to any Six Flags parks.

Wow, you really seemed to have caught a very bad day there.

^Yeah, aside from the big breakdown, Kingda Ka is doing very well so far. I went on April 1st, KK was supposed to be open at 10:00, but didn't until around 12:00. But when it did, it didn't breakdown at all.

It's very telling about Six Flags that I've only been stuck on a breakdown on two rides, and both of them were named Superman (SFGAdv - UF & SFA ROS). Try hanging for an extended time from the Superman:UF straps during a breakdown.

• 3 months later...
It's very telling about Six Flags that I've only been stuck on a breakdown on two rides, and both of them were named Superman (SFGAdv - UF & SFA ROS). Try hanging for an extended time from the Superman:UF straps during a breakdown.

You think thats bad? I know someone who was stuck on Tatsu for 2 hours in the flying position.