TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Forums

1. Theme Park Review

1. Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and donkeys!

1.1m

Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!

3. Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness

Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc... Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!

Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!

Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! 

• Not super shocked seeing the Spider listed for sale. It seems there has been a lot of downtime in the past couple of seasons, and if I recall correctly it was down a large part of one of the past seasons because it was awaiting a new motor? There aren't many Spiders left out there and Eyerly is long gone so I would imagine parts are more scarce to come by. At least with Wipeout, Chance is still in business and likely still offers OEM parts for anything related specifically to the ride. Curious what will replace it though as it's a pretty small plot for most modern flat rides outside of "kiddie" territory. Gorman did mention that an addition for 2025 would be "something new and something big" so we'll see.
    • ...but what about girth?   Mountain coasters don't "count" to me because you as a rider are in partial control of your speed.  
    • You didn't, no worries. And you made a valid point......................I just don't remember the others being such a big deal, anticipation wise. BUT as you point out there wasn't the daily social media/drone footage blitz going on AND to be fair some of those were at a time in my life when I wasn't focusing that much on theme parks. IOA for example, truly one of my favorite parks now, opened when I was about 30...........establishing a career and heavily involved in a completely different hobby that took a huge time and money commitment. About ten years later I had stopped such a huge commitment to the other thing and was introducing my son to theme parks and rediscovering in myself a long lost love for them. So all of that played a part in my probably not well thought out comment🤨
    • I still think there is a future for these interactive/immersive themed entertainment concepts sometime/somewhere in the future but first Star Cruiser closing and not this it doesn't really look good. Star Cruiser had the obvious issues with cost, this maybe some issues with location/concept, and both of them the timing of Covid I'm sure didn't help.   Hopefully there's a future for the site as something as it did look like a pretty cool place. 
    • Title was about length, but height seems more of the cheating part to me.

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/