TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Forums

1. Theme Park Review

1. Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and donkeys!

1.1m

Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!

3. Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness

Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc... Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!

Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!

Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! 

• The gondola system sounds great but have you seen this place? It would take at least 5000 years to make that much Lego!
    • I also noticed and wondered if it was the same at other Cedar Fair parks?  Knott's started with Ghostrider earlier in the season by assigning rows and not allowing more than one trains worth of people past the trunstile at one time.  This lead to the left or inside belt/safety checker to also have to run grouping/expediting between train loads.  This caused the cycle time to go from approximately 5 minutes per dispatch to 8 minutes per dispatch, so weekday ride times doubled.  During spring break, this has at least spreaded to Jaguar and Pony Express with multiple groupers and no more than one train load in the station at a time.  I have seen SIlverbullet groupers not let more than 4 people per row into the station at a time. Why don't they want people in the station any longer? 
    • Watched the POV of new Fire in the Hole on the main page here.  I think they did a great job of keeping the original spirit of the ride but with some modern elements.  I think some might complain they didn't change enough and I can kind of see that, but keeping it simple is probably better for them in the long run.    It seems a shorter ride now?  Might just be perception though. On a more personal level I'm super happy to see they kept the painting at the end of the ride  of the guy with his foot sticking out, my kids always love trying to reach up and grab his foot as they pass under
    • I found a picture of the menu on Google.  Bottom middle Partida Tequila - Anejo $100.  I had the $22 Bloody Mary and $22 Cantina Del Sur Margarita and one was Tabasco, tomato juice and generic vodka and the other was bad tequila and sweet and sour mix.  Tasted like it came from a can but I saw them pour all the ingedients right in front of me right from te liquor bottles with name brands I have never heard of. The margarita's ranged in price from $20 to $100.  The $100 margarita's had some sort of aged tequila in a colorful bottle.  It is the disgusting sweet and sour mix that will ruin it for you.  It should be natural orange and lime juice and not sweet and sour in grand or presidential margaritas.  I have had enough expensive margaritas and been a bartender at a mexican restaurant to know how to make a decent drink. You can blame the park for crappy operaitions.  Why was Jaguar's station empty with three separate lines being drawn from to fill each coaster train individually?  It took about 7 - 8 minutes to get a train out and Pony Express was loading just as slowly with only loading a new row when the previous train has left the station.  The flat rides were loading okay but something has changed with their coaster loading policy for the worse and we gave up on them after that.  My family didn't want a Fastlane as neither of them would go on Hangtime, Xcelerator or Silverbullet so a ride or two on Ghostrider wasn't going to be worth it and none of us could get the app to work on either Android or Apple to buy single ride Fastlaness; and none of the stores that we asked at sold single ride Fastlanes. We were able to walk right into the chicken restaurant at 2 pm with no wait so the crowds were not insane.  It was crowded but I have seen worse.  There seemed to be more people with the blue handicap cards than Fastlanes.  Most of the carnival rides were 10 to 15 minutes waits and Berry Tales was about a half-hour.  
    • The park has continued to post updates all week. Nothing on the new Joker name though. 

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/