TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Santa CLAW! Live Claw Machine - Crane Game!

THE NEW PHONE BOOK IS HERE!!! THE NEW PHONE BOOK IS HERE!!!

Well, ok, maybe not, BUT... I did get a package in the mail from Real Art Design today! I was very excited! It was some of the items that I ordered from Real Mart (Real Art's Online Store.)

I have to say I am very impressed with how everything was packaged up. Since so many people do a little trip report of them opening TPR's bags of crap, I felt it was only appropriate to do one for Real Mart as well!

Here goes....

realmart_1.thumb.jpg.6fa912e0b81328adcc59bb1d55d22f28.jpg

Wow! Are all the items they ship wrapped like this? This is awesome! I'm sure they are, but I just want to think I'm special! =)

realmart_2.thumb.jpg.f372cd635e7c681236804414bcc29324.jpg

Here was some of the "stuff" I bought from Real Mart - The Santa Claw "token" (which I think is really cool!) and some buttons, mainly because my "girl" avatar character is on them. I included Elissa's iPhone 4 so you can see how big the token is!

realmart_3.thumb.jpg.9ce8d121646ee6d8dfbb123fc0c126cb.jpg

The token honestly is really cool! It feels like it's made out of real metal. It's heavy and the printing on it looks really solid. Not going to smudge off or anything. I figured it would be a great keepsake for all this Santa Claw craziness that TPR has been going through for when the Santa Claw sadly closes down.

realmart_5.thumb.jpg.2acc138e63a612502aac74f8981abe9c.jpg

The package even came with a little personalized note... what a great touch! Seriously... these guys are a class act!

realmart_6.thumb.jpg.89b3f1aea675435b84d9d55d6637d1d9.jpg

AND even came with it's own little mini "bag-o-crap" which in this case was these awesome Real Art stickers! I was so happy to see stuff like this. I absolutely LOVE companies that go beyond expectations. Its one of the reasons why we always through a TPR pen or some park maps into each DVD order. Love it! So glad to see companies doing this and will 100% support places that do.

realmart_7.thumb.jpg.daf47b023946757b908272392ca2a18b.jpg

No, thank YOU Real Art! For providing us theme park nerds with some great entertainment this month! THANK YOU!!!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Traincrossing! That has to be my favorite trip report of the year so far! Erik's sea lion sex show comes REALLY close...but this is seriously awesome!

And great timing too! We both added our Santa Claw related photos at the same time. (not intentional!)

--Robb

Awesome! This was a nice 'behind the scenes' look at the claw. I always thought the prongs were metal. But that would be far to heavy for that thin string to take on. If only I lived in the area, I would check it out as well. I'm kind of tempted to purchase the t-shirt from them that reads "I fought the claw and the claw won." Would be a great way to support these guys! And there really are TPR shirts in there?

Now that I've grabbed enough balls (not that kind, lol) I think it is time to go for the challenge and try to get the skateboard. I somewhat have an attack plan worked out, we'll see if it works or not...or if it will get stuck on the claw.

I wonder of the prizes will come with extra little goodies like stickers and stuff.

Patrick thanks for taking the time to check it out! This thing is awesome! Did they say how long the game was going to last? Also, are all the prizes donated?

From their FAQ I read, they said the claw will be up for a few more weeks. I'm sure if it's still popular enough, maybe they'll extend this...or hopefully bring it back next Holiday Season.

As far as prizes go, I read also on their FAQ that the skateboards were donated as they did a huge project for Alien Workshop. The rest of the prizes were stuff they picked up at some form of flea market/swap meet called "Trader's World."

Thank you Traincrossing! That has to be my favorite trip report of the year so far! Erik's sea lion sex show comes REALLY close...but this is seriously awesome!

I'm number 2! I'm number 2!

Smisty's waiting to play this thing right now....

^^ You should see if they will trade

Traincrossing - that was totally clawsome! Thanks for taking the time to give us a virutal tour, I'm waiting for payday, but I'm going after a shirt and coin, if for nothing else, to show them some love for letting me play with their huge toy.

A few pages back, I posted a picture of one of the cranes I made with the LittleBigPlanet game. I remade a new one, last one was kind of problematic/a prototype. This is somewhat also inspired by the Santa Claw with the way the claw looks, and the color scheme...plus the balls!

So go see it in action!

Wow! I'm thoroughly impressed with both the claw machine, and their attention to detail with their shipping procedures; as Robb said, a class act.

It's unfortunate that the machine won't be around forever. Perhaps they can 're-skin/theme' it to be appropriate for the rest of the year.. It's simply too awesome to let this disappear.

OMG! I just managed to grab THREE BALLS!!! Scratch that...looks like FOUR BALLS!!!

I figured "WTF, I'll just go for a nice pink ball..." so I chose what looked to be a somewhat easy target...crane went down, and them OMFG... WHAT DID I DO?!??!!

claw_1.thumb.jpg.5950ba9c8e9515b3af8f46cdd06278b8.jpg

Holy crap! I got more balls that I ever imagined I could ever have!!!

claw_2.thumb.jpg.300c6a08230e320c8975caa36b3bde33.jpg

Yup! Check out my big balls!!!

claw_3.jpg.9d33577807c56e102100de1175055cfd.jpg

Brent, who was in line behind me, took this screen shot - he thinks I actually got FOUR! It's really hard to tell!

claw_4.jpg.83a93dfbc1907c6dbbdaffe2caee9784.jpg

Here's another view of my winnings... man, I sure got a LOT of balls!!!!

Edited by robbalvey

^ Tell me about it! Elissa and I probably played like 25 times now and only ever managed to get a small yellow ball ONCE! Even though I can't technically get the winnings, that sure as well was fun doing it!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey