TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^Hey, they actually have 4 wood coasters. Glad to see a ride that has a capacity better than like 50 an hour will replace Ghoster Coaster. Glad I got that credit as that was all it was worth. Something tells me you wont see those Caprio coasters soon at all with PKI and Legoland removing theirs. Good move for the park IMO, and id LOVE to see that kids section as a kid!

I don't blame the parks for getting rid of them. Since they have horrible capacity and are geared towards kids and families it seems like it was a bad combination from the start (considering most kids will get impatient in a long line). I think the concept is interesting but they need to add block brakes or something so more than 1 train can be on the main track at once.

If they were left as is, I think they would do better in small parks that don't get huge crowds such as Storybook Land in NJ (they maybe have 300 - 500 people a day) or a sea shore park that rarely gets crowds.

I am not happy to hear about this. I much prefer the Hanna Barbara theme over that Nickolodean crap. I am at least glad I have the credit and *sniff* the Hanna Barbra memmories.

Another note: This is the third time they have renamed that coaster! It used to be called Scooby Doo something, and then Taxi Jam and now Little Bill. LITTLE BILL HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST CHOICE EVER! And the "Jimmy Neutron" bumper cars? Spare me! I am really actualy agrivated with this little "project".

^^Personally I dont think theyre gonna do that... The Caprio had the WORST captivity of any coaster in the park...Not that it should stay anyways, I already got my credit on it ^^. As far as my insite, Im curious to what the freefall, flying, and coaster will be. Everything else is beyond me, since I dont care for it...I'm already IMing my friends, confirming that next year we'll probabbly just get a CF pass instead of our usual PKI one...I'll still go there for the credits though, and to pay hominage to VorteX (which looks like it's not getting torn down )

Jared"Yet another year without a GOOD coaster*"Becker

*unconformed untill I see the Avatar ride. Actually Avatar is a cool show, considering who made it, so I'm hoping for the best. Same for Danny Phantom...Everything else on Nick isnt worth watching, since they took away Zim...

*unconformed untill I see the Avatar ride. Actually Avatar is a cool show, considering who made it, so I'm hoping for the best. Same for Danny Phantom...Everything else on Nick isnt worth watching, since they took away Zim...

YES-so true about Zim, THAT SHOW WAS AWESOME!

^amen to that. One empty day I decided to ride all the coasters, and that was the only one I didnt go on dude to it's line...(yeah, I even did Top Bill/Little Cat) As for the whole deal with Avatar, we cant say if it's good or bad till we see the layout now can we? Im willing to bet the drop ride will be some sort of frog hopper, or a 40-50' drop ride....

I'm losing those batflyers left and right!!!!

Well, you've got a month (assuming it's still open...last time I was there it was closed) so if you want your ghoster coaster credit, I have the kid for you to borrow.....

I have mixed feelings about this...like someone else said, it's hard to see the HB theme go, because that's what I grew up with there, however, my daughter watches Nick EVERY DAY and is much more familiar with SpongeBob, Dora, Danny Phantom etc than Huckleberry Hound and the gang. I pretty much suspected that they would do this since they did the same with Carowinds.

I am excited about the updating of the rides and the fact that they are making family themed rides that adults can ride comfortably. We have video of me riding those little cars (the little tiny Corvette, Jeep firetruck) that go in a circle with Sammi when she was about 1. It ain't pretty.

Haven't heard anything about the antique cars, yet, though..........

Shari "We'll be there opening day, I am sure" Shoufler

• 2 months later...

Photos from www.pkicentral.com show that the park's Caprio Batflyer or "Ghoster Coaster" has indeed been removed:

http://photos.pkicentral.com/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=35

Not sure what it was? Here's a picture to refresh your memory:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig505.htm?picture=1

Basically, these things were pieces of crap, IMO. They had the lowest capacity of almost any coaster. I think I waited over an hour in line for this one and there were probably only about 20 or 30 people in front of me! :shock:

Legoland removed both of their Batflyers for the same reason.

--Robb "So sad, another PKI credit that Elissa won't get!" Alvey

I waited over 2 hours for it when it first opened. A few simple block breaks would solve the problem. The way PKI's had there set up it could only take about 2 people every 45-60 seconds or which is the time it took to complete the course. Anyway they didn't waste anytime ripping that sucker out and Im pretty excited to see the 2 or 3 new coasters going in. Can't wait to see some track show up on the site